Fulltone OCD v 2.0

edwardz

Who has one? How does it compare to previous versions? I have 1.7 and like it, but I don't love it and see how it could be improved. Just wondering what users are finding.

Thanks!

edwardz

Isn't there a very long thread going on this already??? :huh

Probably a ton of info there. :dunno
Nothing new in the threads I've read. I've seen the YouTube video. I sold a v 1.7 over the weekend. Still have another one though. Wondering if I want to try a 2.0. Probably wait a while.

I got one. No switch popping thru the amp with the Enhanced Buffer - which was really the reason I wanted it (my old OCD popped like crazy).

distortion is good, maybe better... definitely more low end, so much so that I had to turn the tone knob all the way up.

edwardz

I got one. No switch popping thru the amp with the Enhanced Buffer - which was really the reason I wanted it (my old OCD popped like crazy).

distortion is good, maybe better... definitely more low end, so much so that I had to turn the tone knob all the way up.
I've never had a problem with my 1.7 switch popping, and I'm fine with the bass on it. Think I'll pass on 2.0 for now.

sam_spade

I'd keep the 1.7. I have a 1.7 and think it's the best of the OCDs. It has less fizzy-ness and tighter bottom end than the others.

axdxm

Silver Supporting Member
Had both at the same time. 1.7 is sooo much better than 2.0 for so many reasons. For me, the biggest problem was the 2.0 is significantly darker.

Adel2

I really like the 2.0 but I haven't tried the others. I was initially put off by the darkness of the tone knob but it enables me to dial in some 50's and rockabilly sounds at low gain. At higher gain it sounds amazing with my strat. In the above demo video, the 1.7 sounds the brightest/clearest and the 2.0 sounds the biggest/boldest - to me.

Trending Topics