Fulltone OCD v.4 educate me

DSL74

I need a primer on the pros and cons of the OCD v.4. Hearing some good and not so good things about it. Can anyone set the record straight? Are there similar pedals out there? Looking to an od to stack with a fuzz face and a good stand alone overdrive all in one.

Leep Dog

I have a V4 OCD and like it a lot. The only thing I wish it did better was stack with other pedals. I would love to push it with a Fuzz face or something like that but it doesn't work for me with that pedal. For stacking like that I continually read the Dirty Little Secret works really well.

ledzurso

This is a great article on all the versions of the Fulltone OCD:

http://www.pedalarea.com/ocd.htm

I just a/b'd a v3 with v4 and bought the v4. They're both great pedals, but I don't understand why the older models are worth even more than a new one. V4 is definitely an improvement. Mike Fuller is no slacker!

Dad love mom

I have a love and hate relationship with the OCD v.4. I just don't know what to make of it. Sometimes it sounds great to my ears, other times it's bass heavy and too dark. Go figure.

johnh

Other options - Green Rhino, MXR Custom Badass Modified OD, Barber LTD...
The Green Rhino and the MXR couldn't be more different than the OCD. They are based on tubescreamers and have an inherent mid hump. The lack of that mid hump is the whole essence of the OCD sound.

Jimmy3Fingers

The Green Rhino and the MXR couldn't be more different than the OCD. They are based on tubescreamers and have an inherent mid hump. The lack of that mid hump is the whole essence of the OCD sound.
Never said they were the same...but different/more versatile options that work well with other pedals

FWIW...I could dial out the mids easily with the myriad of controls both pedals have. I used to have the OCD and CBMOD side by side and could make the CBMOD sound nearly identical (and then have more tonal options) with my rigs.

Of course...YMMV.

Trending Topics