Fulltone OCD!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by SnidelyWhiplash, May 21, 2008.

1. SnidelyWhiplash

SnidelyWhiplash Supporting Member

I just read a mag. article with Leslie West & he just raved about this
    particular pedal. Anybody have one & what do you think?

2. frankencat

frankencat Guitarded Gold Supporting Member

Search is your friend :)

3. KCWM

KCWM Member

never heard of it :p

:munch

4. FloridaSam

FloridaSam Member

I didn't know Leslie had OCD.... I thought he was pretty well adjusted.:confused:

5. funkycam

funkycam Member

excellent drive pedal.
    Been on my board for years.
    most versatile dirt pedal I have played. In my experience works best with amps set clean ...ymmv

6. LilSteve

LilSteve Member

Highly recommended...any version

7. Caribou

Caribou Silver Supporting Member

I've got one (v3)-- it's a fantastic pedal. I love it more and more as time goes by. Great with my strat; great with the 335. Raunchy grind for days, or light crunch od-- very versatile. I always end up playing Zeppelin or AC/DC licks when I turn it on. Also stacks well with my Zendrive and Keeley Ts-9. ymmv.

8. paraedolia

paraedolia Member

Nice try Mike, I'm still not buying one.
    :D:D:D

9. paulscape

paulscape Member

I just picked up a V3 in australia suprisingly cheap and using it quite a bit. I can't compare it to many OD's as Ive never owned many but it's a lot better than my other OD's (Trex Dr Swamp, Boss OS2, DOD308). What I personally like about it is it pushes my marshall along transparently when playing at home at low volumes or as a form of lead boost playing out, set to max gain its like a distortion pedal and I need that when I set the marshall to clean and need to quickly stomp between clean and distortion on a couple of songs and it also works really well getting dirt tones through a fender clean style amp with the gain set lower. I think that's what I like about it the most - its part OD part distortion depending on how you use it. It also appears to be really well built and heavy. The LP/HP switch is cool too...subtle but you can have either a thick tone (HP) or a lighter more transparent tone (LP). The tone knob is all good too...Im not much of a fan of OD's that add on too much treble. Like all boutique pedals should, it has a big F$@k off light.

10. Axis29

Axis29 Supporting Member

I own one (V3) It's like having a tubescreamer that goes to 25, but doesn't color your tone. It let's my guitar set the tone, the sound, other than crunch and driving the tubes into distortion, it's a very transparent pedal (I know it sound ridiculous, but I don't have a better description in me)

The grit produced is exacting, very even and crunchy. It has a lot of boost too. Almost too much for my use a lot of the time.

I use it with a DRRI. The DRRI is breaking up when I pick hard, but can be clean if I lay off. When I kick in the OCD, it goes into heavy crunchy explosive goodness.

If you dial back the drive knob, you can get a pretty clean boost. The pedal does not clean up too much when you dial back the guitar volume, like a fuzz. It maintains a little grit. On the highest drive settings, it is fuzz like in it's manicness, but it's still manageable (with prescription medicine maybe? LOL). With drive around 10:30 and lower volume settings, I can turn my DRRI into a tweed champ sound.

The dynamics of the HP/LP switch are interesting and can really add zing to the drive as well. It adds sparkle and push the outer limits of your signal nicely in HP. LP is a bit more TS in it's behavior.

I love my OCD. Now that I have it, I'll never give it up.