1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Fulltone OCD!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by SnidelyWhiplash, May 21, 2008.

1. SnidelyWhiplash

SnidelyWhiplash Supporting Member

I just read a mag. article with Leslie West & he just raved about this
    particular pedal. Anybody have one & what do you think?

2. frankencat

frankencat Guitarded Gold Supporting Member

Search is your friend :)

3. KCWM

KCWM Supporting Member

never heard of it :p

:munch

4. FloridaSam

FloridaSam Member

I didn't know Leslie had OCD.... I thought he was pretty well adjusted.:confused:

5. funkycam

funkycam Member

excellent drive pedal.
    Been on my board for years.
    most versatile dirt pedal I have played. In my experience works best with amps set clean ...ymmv

6. LilSteve

LilSteve Member

Highly recommended...any version

7. Caribou

Caribou Silver Supporting Member

I've got one (v3)-- it's a fantastic pedal. I love it more and more as time goes by. Great with my strat; great with the 335. Raunchy grind for days, or light crunch od-- very versatile. I always end up playing Zeppelin or AC/DC licks when I turn it on. Also stacks well with my Zendrive and Keeley Ts-9. ymmv.

8. paraedolia

paraedolia Member

Nice try Mike, I'm still not buying one.
    :D:D:D

9. paulscape

paulscape Member

I just picked up a V3 in australia suprisingly cheap and using it quite a bit. I can't compare it to many OD's as Ive never owned many but it's a lot better than my other OD's (Trex Dr Swamp, Boss OS2, DOD308). What I personally like about it is it pushes my marshall along transparently when playing at home at low volumes or as a form of lead boost playing out, set to max gain its like a distortion pedal and I need that when I set the marshall to clean and need to quickly stomp between clean and distortion on a couple of songs and it also works really well getting dirt tones through a fender clean style amp with the gain set lower. I think that's what I like about it the most - its part OD part distortion depending on how you use it. It also appears to be really well built and heavy. The LP/HP switch is cool too...subtle but you can have either a thick tone (HP) or a lighter more transparent tone (LP). The tone knob is all good too...Im not much of a fan of OD's that add on too much treble. Like all boutique pedals should, it has a big F$@k off light.

10. Axis29

Axis29 Supporting Member

I own one (V3) It's like having a tubescreamer that goes to 25, but doesn't color your tone. It let's my guitar set the tone, the sound, other than crunch and driving the tubes into distortion, it's a very transparent pedal (I know it sound ridiculous, but I don't have a better description in me)

The grit produced is exacting, very even and crunchy. It has a lot of boost too. Almost too much for my use a lot of the time.

I use it with a DRRI. The DRRI is breaking up when I pick hard, but can be clean if I lay off. When I kick in the OCD, it goes into heavy crunchy explosive goodness.

If you dial back the drive knob, you can get a pretty clean boost. The pedal does not clean up too much when you dial back the guitar volume, like a fuzz. It maintains a little grit. On the highest drive settings, it is fuzz like in it's manicness, but it's still manageable (with prescription medicine maybe? LOL). With drive around 10:30 and lower volume settings, I can turn my DRRI into a tweed champ sound.

The dynamics of the HP/LP switch are interesting and can really add zing to the drive as well. It adds sparkle and push the outer limits of your signal nicely in HP. LP is a bit more TS in it's behavior.

I love my OCD. Now that I have it, I'll never give it up.