fulltone ocd?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by bartmcartman, Aug 24, 2005.

1. bartmcartman

bartmcartman Supporting Member

Anyone tried the ocd from fulltone? Yeah or neah?

2. jlagrassa

jlagrassa Supporting Member

3. tthompso7

tthompso7 Guest

I've owned, Tube Screamers, the Full Drive 2's old style and new, the Distortion Pro, Tim (Timmy on the way), the SHO, Fat Boost and played countless others. The OCD is my fav. It's really versitile, the OD is very "amp like" and "open". You can go from a very transparent OD to full on distortion. The High Peak and Low Peak switch helps you switch between a more open sounding drive and a more compressed sound. Very cool. Highly recommend it.

RasmusJes likes this.
  4. mprvise

mprvise Member

I own one and for me it's a keeper. I have found that my 6L6 amps (Mesa DC50 and Two-Rock CR) like it much better than my EL84 amps (Matchless JJ-30 and Mesa Subway Blues) though. I was hoping to use it with the Matchless but it is WAY too "open" for that (IMO). I'm currently using it mainly for rhythm crunch with my TR CR. :AOK

5. ButchR

ButchR Komet Player Gold Supporting Member

The OCD sounds fantastic with my Komet 60. Gives me all of the tone and harmonics of the Komet at lower volumes. I think it is a keeper for me.

6. Yossi

Yossi Member

I like mine. It is on my pedal board that I use with my Two Rock Emerald 50. IMO it works much better through the clean channel.

Yossi

7. Jeff Flowerday

Jeff Flowerday Member

I like my OCD gained up, I find it get's greasy and does the hard rock stuff I do well.

Lower gain I've been looking elsewhere, the OCD is a bit grainy for me at lower gain. I've just ordered a Zen Drive voiced a little brighter than the stock Zen Drive. The Zen is killer low gain but a little dark in it's stock form. IMO

8. jeffhef

jeffhef Member

I've been playing with an OCD now for several months. I like it. But I don't think it's all that versatile. It's got a place...and it'll most likely stay on my pedalboard...but it's one of 3 OD/Dist pedals I have on my board.

I DO agree that it is definitely sensitive to the signal you're putting in to it. I can clean it up quite well by rolling back my guitar volume.

I guess I'm still kinda ridin' the fence on it. I like it...but I wouldn't replace it if it were stolen. Most likely I'd go elsewhere.

jeffhef

9. Gary F.

Gary F. Member

The OCD turns my Carr Rambler into a convincing Marshall. The overdrive 'yang' to my Timmy 'ying.' A keeper.

Gary

10. SuperReverb2

SuperReverb2 Member

A KEEPER for yours truly as well. I use it with my Fender 57 Tweed Twin for more of a "lowish" gain OD, and it seems to match up VERY well (through that amp) with my Heritage Classic 535 with Seth Lovers and my Epi Les Paul with a Burstbucker 2 in the neck and a Burstbucker 3 in the bridge.

Chuck

11. telemike

telemike Member

+1 OCD

I've had one for three months now and it is absolutely staying on my pedal board. I have it combined with a Blues Pro from MI Audio and the two pedals both compliment each other and sound great combined. I'm really happy with the OCD and use it for the heavier distortion duties.

12. dzeitlin

dzeitlin Member

Like Ted (tthompso7), I've owned the original and newer FDII, Distortion Pro, and Fat Boost. I find the OCD to be edgier than the others. I describe it as a cross between the DP and Fat Boost. It has the openess of the FB, and a lot more gain than the FDII, but not the mudiness of the DP. It's almost like a boutique Boss Blues Driver. It really sounds like a cranked amp. It is definately the most unique pedal Fulltone makes.

13. esoteric pete

esoteric pete Supporting Member

i love my OCD....does all the same stuff the others have said above...awesome pedal. buy one.

14. E-Rock

E-Rock Member

OCD with a Keeley Baked Mod TS-9 is the most BITCHIN' combo ever!!!!
    For me at least :)

15. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

Well, the one I played scooped the mids too much for my taste, for a rock sound, sounded pretty good though.

16. jimlin

jimlin Guest

dzeitlin,
    You're comment about the OCD being somewhat like a bootique Boss Blues Driver struck me funny because someone else on another board said something similar just today... they compared it to a Keeley modified Boss BD that they have on their board.

17. KTT

KTT Member

It doesnt work for me,i found the top end kind of "fake" and it seems to sound harsh with no mid range,flame on!

18. jlagrassa

jlagrassa Supporting Member

No Need to get flamed if it doesnt work for you...so what you move on! For me the OCD is a great pedal!

19. Bloomfield fan

Bloomfield fan Silver Supporting Member

this is the best od/distortion I have purchased in years. It makes me excited to pick up my guitar and plug in. The most touch sensitive pedal out there and cleans up the best with your gtr volume control.