Fulltone power supply?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by iDavid, Jan 4, 2005.

1. iDavid

iDavid Member

What kind of power supply do you need with a FUlltone. Will a One-spot work?

I'm in Europe, btw

2. theelectic

theelectic Guest

Fulltone pedals should only be used with Fulltone power supplies.

NOT :) A one-spot should work fine for pedals other than the '69 and I think the Octafuzz.

3. iDavid

iDavid Member

I guess they make a Euro power supply. I e-mailed them, but have not got an answer back.

4. Shakkal

Shakkal Member

A one spot will work with the '69 and the Soulbender but you would not be able to use other pedals in the same chain because of polarity issues. Other Fulltones are the *usual* polarity (not sure about the Octafuzz though).

5. iDavid

iDavid Member

So, a 70's would work in a chain?

I was leaning towards the '69, however

6. Shakkal

Shakkal Member

Yeah, the '70 will work in the same chain with Boss, Ibanez, and most boutique pedals. It's the ones that have Germanium transistors that usually require power with a different polarity.

7. Crunchy

Crunchy Member

Talk about raising a thread from the dead. Would a One-Spot with the MC5 extension be able to power both a Fulldrive II Mosfet and a Clyde Deluxe at the same time?

And what would I do if I wanted the Fulldrive on 18V?

Thanks!

Edit: I live in the USA

8. Crunchy

Crunchy Member

9. TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking Member

An Alternate Reality in a Parallel Universe...
    To get 18V for the pedals use a Godlyke Power Pump, but the CLYDE pedals I believe will not run on more than 9 volts! As to current, you can run multiple pedals on the typcial 200ma power supply. It's the chorus, flanger, delays that use more current. The Fulldrive is like 13mA, the OCD is about 10mA the Fat Boost is somewhere around 10mA, so that adds up to about 33mA, but remember that if you double the voltage, you cut the current demand in half, so those three pedals can run on 16.5mA at 18 volts.

TheGrooveking

10. Crunchy

Crunchy Member

hmm...But with the One Spot and the MC5 I can still run both the Clyde Deluxe and FDII at the normal 9V, correct?

Thanks

11. tlpruitt

tlpruitt Member

...and a OneSpot with a daisy chain and a Godlyke Power Pump will let you power a Clyde (or any other pedal(s) that need 9V) with 9V and a Fulldrive (or any other pedal(s) that can handle 18V) with 18V, all at the same time.

12. marks

marks Member

13. sandman

sandman Member

1 Spot works worldwide. Check out the .pdf file on their site about pedals it can power and how.