Fulltone Soul-Bender problem...ideas?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Pat Healy, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Pat Healy

Pat Healy Member

My Soul-Bender has suddenly died, and I'm wondering if anyone can give me an idea what might be wrong.

With the effect engaged, the power light comes on, but no sound comes out, either dry or effected. With the effect bypassed, the dry signal flows through normally. This tells me that it's not a connection problem, or a power problem, since the light comes on. It does this both when powered by a fresh 9V battery as well as a reverse-polarity AC adapter.

Any thoughts as to what might be the problem?

2. Thames

Thames Member

Switch. Lots of faulty ones. Cheap and easy to replace.

3. Isaiah4Autumn

Isaiah4Autumn Member

the switches are supposed to be lifetime "best switch in the world" according to mike on his website...contact them and let them know your problem...they might send you the switch for free if you pay the shipping costs...it's worth the try:munch

4. LowWatt

LowWatt Member

Yep. Sounds like a broken switch.

3PDT switches (usually necessary for true bypass and an LED in a pedal) have more parts that can break. The Fulltone switch is great and apparently doesn't die as much as the regular blue taiwans, but it's mechanical and they will definitely die from time to time.

5. Pat Healy

Pat Healy Member

Thanks for the replies. Now that we think it's the switch, any suggestions on good, high-quality stomp switches and where to buy them? Assuming Fulltone doesn't take care of it, though I'll try that route.