Fulltone Soul Bender question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Sun Creature, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Sun Creature

Sun Creature Supporting Member

Does anyone know if they made any changes, besides cosmetics, to the big box Soul Bender throughout the years?

I currently have one and I love it but I am just curious.

Also, I don't think they are real NKT275's in the box or am I wrong?

2. Josh33

Josh33 Member

I can't speak on the changes made but I owned both the old big box and the new small box for about a year and the newer soulbender seemed gain-ier. It seemed sharper and a little less full sounding. Just an observation! :)

3. sixty2strat

sixty2strat Member

I owned an early one in a big silver box with label maker graphics Ser# 54 and it was very different from the big box white on I own now. I've sure that the sources for GE transistors differ and fulltone seems to like tweaking his stuff , I think I saw V7 of the OCD. So I'd say yes they differ, but in a dramatic way I doubt it unless your very familiar and a long time user. For example have a 1980 and 2011 TS808 and after 35 years I can tell the difference but if it your first one I'd doubt most could.

Buy it use it and enjoy, don't sweat slight differences, the reviews appear to be very positive

4. itkindaworks

itkindaworks Member

Fulltone used them in Soul Benders. They are not the originals used in the fuzz face but repros.

5. goodhonk

goodhonk Member

At some point an internal trimmer was added. Mine didnt have one.

6. DBBlues

DBBlues Formerly fullertone Silver Supporting Member

I'm not sure, but I thought that the transistors were made by Toshiba.