Fulltone Supa-Trem Original vs. Supa Trem Jr.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by petty1818, Oct 6, 2019.

1. petty1818

petty1818 Member

I purchased the Jr. version of the Supa Trem as soon as it was released as I have always wanted tap tempo and a smaller footprint. I do love the SP jr. but I have found that it's much more subtle than the original. It just doesn't quite match the organic tone of the original and when I click the "hard" setting on the original, I can never fully duplicate that tone with the jr. model. Anyone else have similar experiences?

2. vintage66

vintage66 Member

No pedal for you!:stir

3. -Hawk-

-Hawk- Member

The original has a way to adjust the strength of the tremolo. Might be worth looking to see if the new one does. Check the manual- it was pretty easy on the old one.

4. petty1818

petty1818 Member

Good call. I am going to play around with the internal control. I totally forgot about that.

5. radiocure

radiocure Supporting Member

When I got mine I was disappointed with it until I cranked the internal control. I've never played an OG ST, but I love the way the jr sounds now.

6. petty1818

petty1818 Member

Perfect! Yeah, I don't currently mind the jr., it's just so subtle. I am definitely going to turn up the internal control.

7. dirtytony

dirtytony Member

I agree that the jr can make more subtle sounds but with the internal trimmer you can almost match the original. With what voltage you use it?