Fulltone TTE Glimpse...

Discussion in 'Gear Demo Videos & Sound Clips Archive' started by jzucker, Sep 10, 2008.

1. BryanMatthews

BryanMatthews Member

Jack damn you , I really mean damn you !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive gotten rid of delay pedals in the past because none of them sounded like the beautiful warmth of analog delay to my ears. That fulltone is producing the sort of delay that makes me stop and take notice , its warm and organic sounding and im positive , when you are playing it, it must make your nerve ends tingle.

That tape echo sound is just incredible and doesnt that fulltone do it well , the cost, now thats another issue.

Id appreciate it jack if you could do a clip featuring some clean jazz in the style of wes montgomery using your sadowsky guitar, id really like to hear that pairing.

2. jzucker

jzucker Supporting Member

Thanks Bryan. This thing has totally floored me. I now realize a *HUGE* component in getting Jimi's tone was this effect. Yes it's expensive but it's worth it IMO. I just have to get a few things fixed that the guy I bought it from forgot to mention to me. ;)

I will do some wes stuff with my sadowsky soon. I have .010s on it but I just bought another 339 which I'm going to dedicate to blues fusion and I ordered a set of Thomastik 12 bebop strings to put on the sadowsky so in a few days, I'll do some clean jazz clips of it.

3. GuitarBrent

GuitarBrent Member

By Jimi, I assume you mean Hendrix. Jack, I've never heard a live recording of Jimi using an echoplex. And on the studio recordings, it's sketchy at best, but it's definitely not used on many of his best known songs.

4. jzucker

jzucker Supporting Member

He used it all over Electric Ladyland. Almost every tune has it. You can also hear it on Red House.

5. GuitarBrent

GuitarBrent Member

You know this for sure? I've never seen it documented definitively by anyone. Plus he never used one live, and somehow he still sounds like Jimi.

6. Craig Walker

Craig Walker WHO DAT!! Gold Supporting Member

Had one. They sound fantastic. Best delay I've heard....

Just not practical for me. [size, potential maint, etc]

Killer sound tho.

7. GuitarBrent

GuitarBrent Member

I don't hear it on Have You Ever Been, Crosstown Traffic, Voodoo Child (sounds like the room to me), Little Miss Strange, Long Hot Summer Night, Come On, Burning of the Midnight Lamp, or Voodoo Chile (Slight Return). Now there is some kind of echo/reverb effect on Gypsy Eyes and much of the second side of the album to give it that spacious sound. Not sure if that's Echoplex though or studio trickery (Eddie Kramer and those guys were crazy inventive back then).

8. GuitarBrent

GuitarBrent Member

All this being said, your demo sounds great Jack! I'd love to own ones of those TTE's.