• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Fulltone TTE – Should I save for one?

Stratm69

I'm just not happy with any of the analog/digital delay pedals that are out there today.. It's either not enough this or that, too processed sounding, too thin, too dark, or simply just ain't cutting it.

To me the Fulltone TTE seems to be the end all be all for delay/echo. Should I just save up for one and cure all my delay/echo woes for once and for all??

brettmoor

Silver Supporting Member
What have you tried? knowing that will help us give you some suggestions before taking the big plunge, though I'm not discouraging you from the TTE. my personal favorite delays are the Deluxe Memory Man with Tap Tempo, Strymon Timeline, and Providence Delay 80's

Socrates

It's a great unit. It would be a cure all though. Tape is unbeatable at creating a true two-guitar kind of delay sound...but I'm sure 6 months after getting a TTE you'll come to realize just how close a lot of delay pedals sound to it and determine it's not worth the hassle for that additional 5% tone.

I've been through a lot of delay pedals including a TTE....and I'm pretty happy with a simple DD-7 today.

GAT

Platinum Supporting Member
I've tried 3 TTEs, never bonded with any of them. Plus, I didn't like the way it changed my guitar's tone. YMMV

TravisE

Silver Supporting Member
I'm sure no one will agree with me and it's certainly not the hottest thing around now since there are a million different delays out there but - for me, the search ended with a vintage MXR Analog Delay (the green one with the power cord). They're big, ugly noisey, and inconvenient but the tone IS THERE. The repeats are dark and murky but, at the same time, full and 3D sounding. It's just great. I've had the Diamond, Strymon El Cap, TTE, and a ton of other fancy delays and this is the simple awesome sounding delay that I was after. Plus, Neil Young uses one so it can't be all bad, right?

SUPERMUFF1

The TTE is cool. But its also a pain to lug around then there is maintenance and buying tapes etc... I would say no you could get 1 or 2 awesome delays and a drive pedal for that money.

(Something)

I have one, but when I had my rig built, it got switched for a Carbon Copy. I was always overly-protective of the TTE in a live setting and really, the cost didn't justify the 5% increase in tone.

Singlecutz

I'm just not happy with any of the analog/digital delay pedals that are out there today.. It's either not enough this or that, too processed sounding, too thin, too dark, or simply just ain't cutting it.

To me the Fulltone TTE seems to be the end all be all for delay/echo. Should I just save up for one and cure all my delay/echo woes for once and for all??
Have you considered the possibility that maybe you just don't like delay effects?

LReese

I havent used mine very often, but had occasion to last night. I'd say its the best I've experienced for what I want to do - add a little ambience while sounding natural. I can do a lot more with it of course.

You got to be willing to put in some work and $$ to maintain the unit though. Mike Fuller himself states on his web site that it is not the delay for everyone. Mine's had a total outlay of $10 if that in the 4 or 5 years I've had it. It will require service sooner or later.

sanhozay

klon free since 2009
Gold Supporting Member
it is ARGUABLY the unbeatable effect of it's TYPE in it's class.

if you have a studio, get it. if you have a roadie, get it. if you have a clear space on the nightstand in your bedroom, get it.

if it's you hauling crap around, think hard about where it will sit on stage and if your balls, back, trunk, two-wheeler and power strip can be persuaded to accommodate.

big e

Mine has been performing well for 9.5 years! The last .5 of a year I've been quite mad with Fulltone. I typically have gotten 1-3 years life out of the tapes but their "new" and improved tapes both failed within 1 month. That was $60 down the drain! They didn't offer any warranty or discount on the failed tapes. I put one of the old tapes back in and it's running perfectly! I'm on the fence about whether I'm going to keep it or not.

datguytim

Silver Supporting Member
I had one & loved it - nothing compares sound-wise to a great tape echo - NOTHING.

100JH

I can't see this being possible. There's a tone knob on the TTE and at noon on that knob you've got about the same brightness as the bypassed sound.
The one I tried wasn't for me. It was about 6 years ago.

Trending Topics