Fulltone TTE -- what speed

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by parns2112, Mar 12, 2008.

1. parns2112

parns2112 Member

Calling TTE owners. I just got one today and I am FLOORED by this thing. I'm curious if people prefer the sound of high speed or low speed. I thought I'd be airing on the side of greater fidelity, but I'm in love with the low speed setting and the echo tone between 12-3 o'clock. What say you?

2. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

I switch depending on the sound I want. Right now I'm running in high :)
    Glad you're digging it, dude.

3. TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking Member

An Alternate Reality in a Parallel Universe...
    As with all tape based equipment, tape speed has a big effect on fidelity, that being stated, the high speed will sound clearer than the low speed. +1 on the TTE, it's great piece of gear!

TheGrooveking

4. parns2112

parns2112 Member

that i know, but for some reason the low speed is just sounding more pleasing to my ears on the TTE. anybody else concur or disagree?

funny, b/c i recorded on analog tape for years and ALWAYS ran at 30ips rather than 15ips

5. fullerplast

fullerplast Senior Member

Different goals than hi-fi reproduction......high fidelity in guitar rigs is most often not the most pleasing to the ear. FWIW, I prefer the the lower speed also. It rolls off the highs a touch and the little bit of wow and flutter also gives a nice subtle chorus effect.