Fulltone Tube Tape Echo - Which footswitch? OEM or Loopmaster

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Crowyote, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Crowyote

Crowyote Member

I just picked up a brand new Fulltone TTE from CME!

It's quickly earning it's place as my favorite delay pedal, or just overall favorite pedal in general.

I'm looking into purchasing the footswitch, but I really don't want to pay $170 for the OEM part. Has anybody tried the Loopmaster footswitch?

http://www.loop-master.com/footswitch-fulltone-tube-tape-echo-p-170.html

Experiences?

I really don't wanna blow this thing up . . .

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  2. dshobe

dshobe Rocky Mountain Way Silver Supporting Member

I had the Loopmaster footswitch (sold it with the TTE). It works great. The only issue I had was the wait after I ordered, but I knew about the wait before ordering. I was just impatient.

3. teleking36

teleking36 Supporting Member

I have the Loopmaster for my TTE. It's perfect.

4. Crowyote

Crowyote Member

Cool! I saw that some cats used a regular 1-button footswitch.

5. Crowyote

Crowyote Member

Well I ordered one in March, and after a long wait and a few emails from Loopmaster I got my footswitch.

The Bypass switch works fine, but the other switch which is suppose to turn off the echo cancel does nothing at all.

What is the "echo cancel" feature supposed to sound like? Runaway feedback, or a looper?

I can get kind of a looper effect if I set the echo volume high and the feedback high (just before self-oscillation), but the switch itself doesn't change the sound at all.

6. flantrax

flantrax Supporting Member

Are you using a TRS(stereo) cable? I think you need that to activate both functions of the footswitch...one does the bypass...the other does the SOS...

I ended up just biting the bullet and getting the OEM single FSW...I liked the small size and that it didn't need to be powered...

7. Mayo5

Mayo5 Supporting Member

Loopmaster, I have one for my ep3. It's perfect.

8. Crowyote

Crowyote Member

Yeah, I used a stereo cable and the footswitch wouldn't work at all . . . but it was the stereo TRS cable that came with my Moog EP-3.

Does it need to be a special quality TRS cable (that one is pretty thin)?

9. Crowyote

Crowyote Member

Well, I tried the Loopmaster pedal and TTE with the TRS cable again. The bypass worked this time, but not the SOS effect. I guess I'm going to have to send it back. I've gotten no response to the email I sent yesterday morning.

10. Crowyote

Crowyote Member

I got a response, but not a return label. I'm gonna try to convince him to cover the shipping since he pretty much sent me a defective pedal.

11. Crowyote

Crowyote Member

According to Brian, his footswitch is incompatible with the new models of TTE.

I sent my pedal back to him over a month ago, and had to send him another email to get a response today.

Waiting on refund, supposedly it will come sometime this week . . . but I gotta say this really isn't my idea of good customer service.

I might pass on Loopmaster for future switching needs.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015