Fulltone Ultimate Octave vs. Octafuzz???

RJM/rydog2223

Hey you guys!!!!!! Sorry if this has been asked before did a search and really didn't find anything. What is the major difference(if any)between these two pedals?? It seems like they both have the"octave up" description. Any help in my fuzzy journey would be great! Thanks in advance!

P.S...Looking for a Octafuzz as well in the emporium. Let me know if ya got one. Thanks!

:RoCkIn the fuzz

RJM/rydog2223

If it's alright with the OP, I'd like to add a question to his post. What type of fuzz are they using in both of these pedals? Fuzz Face? Tonebender? Muff? Something original?

Thanks!

Go for it may man! Good question, you have my brain tickled as well.
:confused:

Maybe I can be of help. I do own both. The main difference is the Ultimate Octave has foot switchable fuzz and octave, where tha Ocatafuzz does not. Tone wise the UO seems more agressive in octave mode, where the Octafuzz is more of an Octavia clone. The newer Octafuzz has a toggle to switch between fuzz and octave. To me the fuzz on the UO was unusable by itself. The fuzz on the OF sounds pretty good but not foot switchabe and cannot be used in conjunction with the octave up effect. And it requires repossitioning both knobs to get a usable sound. If you are looking for just the octave up effect I would go with the Octafuzz.

jgyn

From what I've read:
Ultimate Octave is based on the Foxx Tone Machine
Octafuzz " " Octavia.

iualum

...or you can get one of Joe's HiOctone boxes & put this piece of the puzzle to bed for good ;):D ...

Phil M

Shapeshifting Member
Silver Supporting Member
From what I've read:
Ultimate Octave is based on the Foxx Tone Machine
Octafuzz " " Octavia.

This is correct. Similar effects, but the style of fuzz is a little different.

Led Sabblin

Maybe I can be of help. I do own both. The main difference is the Ultimate Octave has foot switchable fuzz and octave, where tha Ocatafuzz does not. Tone wise the UO seems more agressive in octave mode, where the Octafuzz is more of an Octavia clone. The newer Octafuzz has a toggle to switch between fuzz and octave. To me the fuzz on the UO was unusable by itself. The fuzz on the OF sounds pretty good but not foot switchabe and cannot be used in conjunction with the octave up effect. And it requires repossitioning both knobs to get a usable sound. If you are looking for just the octave up effect I would go with the Octafuzz.
:agree

Trending Topics

Top Bottom