1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

fulltone v4 question...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by spazmonkey, Oct 3, 2008.

1. spazmonkey

spazmonkey Member

I just picked up an ocd and it sounds a lil' too dark on the lp setting and when using a fatboost after it, it sounds too bright. Is this normal and does anyone have any suggestions?

2. madscientist

madscientist Member

Adjust the tone knob on the Fatboost (v.1, the gray box). I've never had anything sound overly bright when I kick it on. LP setting is a bit dark, but that's what I like about it. Try HP mode, which gives a bit more upper chime.

3. shngn7

shngn7 Member

If I am using LP mode the only way I can get it to sound the way I want and not too dark it is to crank the volume on it anywhere above 2 o'clock.

4. benjisaynomore

benjisaynomore Member

Or try running on LP at 12 or 18volts. I use the HP setting, plenty of brightness.

5. GTRJohnny

GTRJohnny Member

If you have a chance, try a Barber BarbEQ after it. I found that I didn't like it flat (by itself) as much, but loved it with a Barb EQ. I find it to be very (too?) flat in LP, but too edgy in HP. So, the EQ lets me tweak the mids until it's right for the amp - Tweeds I take a little out, Blackfaces I add a little. Works great and not too $$$...

6. afterburner

afterburner Supporting Member

it might be something to do with buffer/impedance?

I started using a carbon copy delay after my OCD and the OCD was just really dark unless I turn on the carbon copy. With the delay on, the OCD sounds fine and brightened up a lot.

if I replace the carbon copy with my Echo Park (which has a buffer) the OCD sounds consistent whether or not the delay is on.