• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Fulltone-Will he make more eccentric pedals?

Elvis Fury

I would to hear Mike's take in The Shin-Ei Compannion or Superfuzz or Maestro or anything that is in the Death by Audio realm. He is obviously talented enough and I think they would sell. Am I wrong on this? TY, Elvis

S. S. Bender

I would to hear Mike's take in The Shin-Ei Compannion or Superfuzz or Maestro or anything that is in the Death by Audio realm. He is obviously talented enough and I think they would sell. Am I wrong on this? TY, Elvis
Your certainly not wrong to want something like that from him. His build quality would be second to none. However, I think Mike makes devices that are interesting to him as a guitar player first and foremost. It doesn't seem that he would build something for commercial purposes that he didn't care for, or wouldn't use himself. I don't know how he feels about pedals that produce esoteric sounds, but I'm just presuming those are not his favorites based on what he's produced thus far.

Last edited:

Elvis Fury

Your certainly not wrong to want something like that from him. His build quality would be second to none. However, I think Mike makes devices that are interesting to him as a guitar player first and foremost. It doesn't seem that he would build something for commercial purposes that he didn't care for, or wouldn't use himself. I don't know how he feels about pedals that produce esoteric sounds, but I'm just presuming those are not his favorites based on what he's produced thus far.
Thats a really good point. I never thought of that. Wishful thinking I guess :)

scotty31

Silver Supporting Member
at the time, re-issuing a tape echo driven by valves was pretty eccentric. and he nailed probably the best sounding echo since the DM2 in the process.
And the TERC/tri-chorus is left of centre for a re-issue.

personally, id love his take on tzf. Dave Fox's pedal was nothing short of the best modulation pedal I've played. I reckon Mike could give it a run for its money.

Then i could own a clyde, 69, deja, tte and fulltone tzf :)

I suspect the guy to do this particular take would be someone like Paul Trombetta. When it comes to handmade fuzzy weird noise, Trombetta is the guy.

markjsmith

Gold Supporting Member
I can't really see Mr. Fuller getting into the gated fuzz thing. I'm not saying it would "never" happen, just doesn't seem like something he has a lot of interest in. Maybe a MIAB type pedal, although I've heard some argue that was what the OCD was-although I don't really hear that.

soulsonic

I get the impression that he has very conservative tastes in what he makes. But this generally reflects most of the guitar playing community, so it's hardly a surprise. Doing a product like the TTE is pretty nervy from a business standpoint, but as far as the actual sound of the thing, it's made to appeal to people wanting a re-creation of an old effect, which is a conservative thing in itself. Not saying there's anything wrong with that, but bearing that in mind, I wouldn't expect a self-oscillating chaos fuzz w/bit crusher from him anytime soon...

Trending Topics