1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Fun-ky Groove

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Dave35, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Dave35

Dave35 Member

Messin around for a few minutes tonight and hit on this. Not sure what ill end up doing with it but is fun to play. I think i overloaded it a bit with 3 guitars and a bass but hey, i was having fun :D

Fun-ky Groove

2. journo

journo Member

Hi Dave,

I liked this! Certainly not overloaded. Just about right for this type of tune. I especially like the dirty chord word.

Cheers,

Mats N

3. Dave35

Dave35 Member

Thanks Mats! I messed with it a bit more and discovered that the second section of guitar actually sounds pretty cool when played over the first but in trying to record it i confused the hell out of myself and now i must go to bed....something about playing that part while hearing the other part that i had just finished playing kinda fried my brain! :D

This is one of those grooves that, for me, is very easy to play and i just kinda get into the rhythmn of it. I think im going to add a section in the middle with just some basic rythmn playing and then solo some wah pedal over it and see what shakes loose.

4. fig

fig Member

Hi Dave -

I'm not much of a rocker these days, but I really liked this backing. I'll give it a shot . . .

5. Red Ant

Red Ant Member

NICE!!!! I'm all over this one when i get time :)

6. Dave35

Dave35 Member

Well, i hadnt envisioned it as a BT but COOL! However, you guys hold off till later today and i will make a more BT friendly version thats a bit longer.

7. fig

fig Member

Like I said, I'm not a rocker. But it's a good backing, so I thought I would take a stab at it . . .

Dave's rock groove

8. adlibmusic

adlibmusic Member

Not a rocker.....but you could be!!!! Nice tone; some hot licks!
    My only comment would be that I think the solo should move back in the mix a little so it would sound more like part of the "performance".
    :)

9. fig

fig Member

Thanks!!
    I intentionally brought the guitar up because usually people say that my guitar is too quiet.
    I'll probably do another take anyway . . .then I'll adjust the level.

10. Dave35

Dave35 Member

"not a rocker" he says as he breaks off some Yngvie.

Sounded great man. Wish i could play those speed deals you do towards the end.

Im going to redo this track tonight if i have time and try to mix it so there is more "room" for a solo guitar. I think the rhythmn guitars are probably too dominant for anyone to really be able to "mix" their solo in there good but when i recorded it i never thought anyone would want to play over it.

11. fig

fig Member

Thanks, Dave! I appreciate the comments.
    :)

12. fig

fig Member

I put the guitar more into the mix this time . . .

Take two

13. Dave35

Dave35 Member

ummm, i thought you were gonna wait? :D

i gotta find a way to make these fat fingers move that fast.

14. fig

fig Member

I was going to wait....but I was bored and decided to try it again . . :)