Fun-ky Groove

Dave35

Messin around for a few minutes tonight and hit on this. Not sure what ill end up doing with it but is fun to play. I think i overloaded it a bit with 3 guitars and a bass but hey, i was having fun :D

Fun-ky Groove

journo

Originally posted by Dave35
Messin around for a few minutes tonight and hit on this. Not sure what ill end up doing with it but is fun to play. I think i overloaded it a bit with 3 guitars and a bass but hey, i was having fun :D

Fun-ky Groove
Hi Dave,

I liked this! Certainly not overloaded. Just about right for this type of tune. I especially like the dirty chord word.

Cheers,

Mats N

Dave35

Thanks Mats! I messed with it a bit more and discovered that the second section of guitar actually sounds pretty cool when played over the first but in trying to record it i confused the hell out of myself and now i must go to bed....something about playing that part while hearing the other part that i had just finished playing kinda fried my brain! :D

This is one of those grooves that, for me, is very easy to play and i just kinda get into the rhythmn of it. I think im going to add a section in the middle with just some basic rythmn playing and then solo some wah pedal over it and see what shakes loose.

fig

Hi Dave -

I'm not much of a rocker these days, but I really liked this backing. I'll give it a shot . . .

Dave35

Well, i hadnt envisioned it as a BT but COOL! However, you guys hold off till later today and i will make a more BT friendly version thats a bit longer.

adlibmusic

Originally posted by fig
Like I said, I'm not a rocker. But it's a good backing, so I thought I would take a stab at it . . .

Dave's rock groove
Not a rocker.....but you could be!!!! Nice tone; some hot licks!
My only comment would be that I think the solo should move back in the mix a little so it would sound more like part of the "performance".
:)

fig

Originally posted by adlibmusic
Not a rocker.....but you could be!!!! Nice tone; some hot licks!
My only comment would be that I think the solo should move back in the mix a little so it would sound more like part of the "performance".
:)
Thanks!!
I intentionally brought the guitar up because usually people say that my guitar is too quiet.
I'll probably do another take anyway . . .then I'll adjust the level.

Dave35

"not a rocker" he says as he breaks off some Yngvie.

Sounded great man. Wish i could play those speed deals you do towards the end.

Im going to redo this track tonight if i have time and try to mix it so there is more "room" for a solo guitar. I think the rhythmn guitars are probably too dominant for anyone to really be able to "mix" their solo in there good but when i recorded it i never thought anyone would want to play over it.

Dave35

ummm, i thought you were gonna wait? :D

i gotta find a way to make these fat fingers move that fast.

fig

Originally posted by Dave35
ummm, i thought you were gonna wait? :D

i gotta find a way to make these fat fingers move that fast.
I was going to wait....but I was bored and decided to try it again . . :)

Trending Topics