• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Function f(x) ???

Haunting Mids

It's a pain that I cannot buy direct from them. I wish I had a cluster fuzz but I don't wanna pay 60$ for international shipping.

CheckSix

Double Platinum Member
So-o-o-o....

Way back at the end of December in this thread, CJ_Wattage mentioned the "Trem-o-Phase"... remember that?

Here's a tease.... the first audio test of it, right here folks... Listen to the whole clip as Bean explores it...

Pretty cool?!? :)

coltonius

Señor Member
Supporting Member
I tried t
So-o-o-o....

Way back at the end of December in this thread, CJ_Wattage mentioned the "Trem-o-Phase"... remember that?

Here's a tease.... the first audio test of it, right here folks... Listen to the whole clip as Bean explores it...

I tried to watch the whole thing, but 3/4 of the way in it started roaring at me?

Just kidding. Sounds awesome! :D

jota

Well, as promised on Function f(x) IG, here's my first impressions after playing with my new Clusterfuzz for about an hour:
First thing I noticed was that my fears were true: that lower knob is in the wrong place.
After the Clusterfuzz I have a KoT clone and the red channel switch gets too close to the lower knob. I'm not afraid of moving it with my foot. I'm afraid I would damage the pot in the long run.
So, I had to put the pedal sideways and found, although it looks "wrong", it's easier to step on the 3 switchs at the same time if needed (going from crunch (red channel) to lead (fuzz and yellow channel)).
I would much prefer the switch to be in the center of the box with no knobs on the lower part of the pedal but at least for now it's gonna work.
As for the sound, I hate tweeking. Usually stick with 3 or 4 knob pedals. It was very easy to get a great sound out of the pedal.
Only tried it with single coils but noticed how fat it got stacked with the KoT and rolling just a bit the volume off on the guitar. With the volume fully open it can get a little bright and sizzly but rolling the volume off works great.
I understand another user that said it has a mid honk. It really has some mid thing going but I kinda like it. The filter knob to the right gets a nasty cocked wah thing that can get really handy too.
I tested it with my usuall amps: 65Amps London Pro and DRRi. Both on at the same time and running clean.

Later today I will have an Astrotone clone (love it), a Scarab Deluxe clone and a Fuzz Face Mini to compare it with and I'll share my thoughts here again.

I leave this two photos of my board: before I notice the knob problem and after I "fixed" it.
C5vAQNHhWYeYXex120L3SuTyLz-ZsRcG_0P5RDlR_TM9vKU4NdKGyBTwOVekoSacMUJ_uth93BntHM0q5tHDDHNAFDWkp0Svv1OFykv5vITJ8H3NUQf2T6ZIN7PE6glTCgTA0E18oy6-n5NRXiZT52rrtoP-8BESVk4L54x_ZX3yVYY-tyL6SP8YOBpneMbT1GXngzHGQj1YBGybSEQHt8_rjzDGO5gQlbxs1cmDbWv03WkwlG0ubaBexeztRoz7FLMNQhCiK6aTvsp80o17dmsgcuBss8DhupfQswT05T7tCaU-Z7OYDKFCm6TXTG_6HqTuGig7sgWKXB8XQBqNOciZrZfyiRtVbsbrYemOTO7Caq1O7WlFjjYNR3vBtcSGOcOiKbhAeeDei1NppJJM8N66cS320eejV_K75j5Qn75o1MSKoU7hhNyYg9oKh8khXzxA0K0ffYfbdQD8pCoO5wyN2nBueO5ObYQn8pqOkBpRkEzC30LztZ8-vhxY8gki9IX2ss6HSakwCKgNfVs4-DMo0T-rlRFBAQtS0R4FsRVbTTn2bvaMnXjrfeAx1Aet0jbtNg=w1440-h648-no

NAspLjCECn33HU9LtWBdPWL2d7LpTi5AiwdE43P1WQnwKj32eQGRJkf--R_Qii4IooefmgQO5l2kq7MoI7T5DDb2xTPzE8ND1OSjDkfoIX1Xt-6uYYa5dCRumT83iDOVhF8_YU3UZ1-CfMoqsD1KgmkCjdEd-9B4bIiOagmPlEGFyhikgzsWbyedVUkyUYu7SmkG5IN0OnxyP5dROy4LsS0W0-_INwW8CTpuOMDwfTCwu_XLPFhH72WaDb4MX44i2iQudXBAdNW7UYEWrSK18ouCnhd29-XNrIXFA65iZ17qVmkG42Dor7Yvkko0Cyeio-N5lB0mpY8pmzmIAfx8wo3zx9niiUSyG7YmHdWD9XxFCTeZ5-DUxGsrrs0lQp2TW-0s7R2QvyNOIWOUzZhT7yPD5_2MExeuYz1vwALlrutbPtc21RuVWjIz-1v7_Q00Xxj5-W4MrOUZqobDCD9OlPVfC8BU9JEM6qfKeIk2ATn4p6J7_2zpFXOgLbyAzRcsBGqc0p_PE-MKLNisQS9aeZfXe774RMa8sM2SYNIqeIO5cxU8DxBeMN8_B38MCyJ-apQ8wQ=w1440-h618-no

Last edited:

cj_wattage

Thanks for your input, @jota . We had some internal debate about that switch placement, but early feedback from our testers said it wouldn't be a problem for *most* people. But yeah, we get where you're coming from.

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
Just be glad that Alf Hermida isn't part of the consortium. He's now into Jiu Jitsu, apparently, and he'd win ALL the fights!

coltonius

Señor Member
Supporting Member
So-o-o-o....

Just revisited this clip.. Super cool. I'm envisioning all the fun I can have with this with an eBow!

CheckSix

Double Platinum Member
Update:
We've got the final design stage version done. Although it's not a dirt pedal design, it is a really, really cool pedal. As usual for FFx, more features were added since that clip was made. ;) By now, you must know, we add feature "twists" that make sense.

As soon as everyone internally finishes testing it and signs off on it, it will go into the first stage of pre-production prototype where we will get key elements production ready, parts ordered and build a few using the production intent key items. Then samples will be available for Beta testing, where we will send some to our key dealers and pedal testers for evaluation. If all of that goes fairly trouble free with no re-spins needed, this one will be in production soon. We have a lengthy process but it seems to work to the good of the final product. Which is all that matters. Hang in there! We've got a few more hoops to jump through.

As soon as I can, I'll try to get a thorough demo video done, so you can see/hear everything it can do.

Mrkiammi

Update:
We've got the final design stage version done. Although it's not a dirt pedal design, it is a really, really cool pedal. As usual for FFx, more features were added since that clip was made. ;) By now, you must know, we add feature "twists" that make sense.

As soon as everyone internally finishes testing it and signs off on it, it will go into the first stage of pre-production prototype where we will get key elements production ready, parts ordered and build a few using the production intent key items. Then samples will be available for Beta testing, where we will send some to our key dealers and pedal testers for evaluation. If all of that goes fairly trouble free with no re-spins needed, this one will be in production soon. We have a lengthy process but it seems to work to the good of the final product. Which is all that matters. Hang in there! We've got a few more hoops to jump through.

As soon as I can, I'll try to get a thorough demo video done, so you can see/hear everything it can do.
sounds like a future keeper on my board, it could be a 3-times win in a row, a strike from you guys. cant wait to hear about it

Trending Topics

Top Bottom