Furman power factor Pro?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by duckbunny, Apr 15, 2008.

1. duckbunny

duckbunny Member

2. lakesider

lakesider Member

I had it on the road with me. Really helped at outdoor fests where the power was questionable. It lives in the studio now in the amp room. I power the amps with it and the Hammond Organ also.

3. DavidE

DavidE Member

I use one mainly to protect my amp and make sure the juice is as clean as I can get it. It's a little scary to watch that volt meter in some clubs.

4. macmax77

macmax77 Supporting Member

i used a 1215 ar if i remember correctly, if this one does what that one did, it is very important to have one!

it always corrected the voltage to 110?
    and it also protected the amp from surges, so as i said, if this one does that, it is very important.

i once had a spike that killed one of my amps, the guys that repaired it at Mesa said that they estimated the spike close to 170 or more

5. PFunk

PFunk Member

I use a Furman AR-15 II and run all my gear out of it. Good investment, given the post above regarding voltage fluctuation at clubs.

6. Stratosphere

Stratosphere Member

I've been dealing with some 60 cycle hum. Do either of these eliminate it? I've used an older Furman filter and the new Monster filter (the $150.00) and neither really did the trick.