• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Fusion Tune

jzguitar

Hey everyone

Here's a tune I recorded a few years ago with my fusion band. The main parts are a Strat with a Duncan Little '59 thru an AnalogMan modded Ibanez Sonic Distortion into a Peavey Classic 30. The solo is an Ibanez RG550 thru a stock Tube Sreamer into a Marshall Artist amp and Laney 4X12 cab.
I plan on recording some newer clips, since my gear has changed a lot over the past year or so.
I totally enjoy listening to everyone's clips here - it's inspiring to hear so many great players (and great tones)!

Fusion Tune

Unburst

VERY nice tune!
Loved the Weather Report meets UK era Holdsworth vibe.

:dude :AOK :dude

Would love to hear more.

ivers

Cool stuff, sounded sort of like 80's fusion-meets modern progressive metal in the composition area, with some wicked soloing in there. Looking forward to hear more of your playing! :dude

jzguitar

Thanks for the kind words! I'll get some more stuff posted soon - between learning other people's tunes and being Mr. Mom during the day it's tough to find time to play what I REALLY want to!

Take care,

jz

scottl

Welcome to the site JZ! Awesome stuff bro. I really dug it. I'll second Martin's influences comment but add that I definately heard some Bill Bruford influence as well as Tribal Tech- Got a B, on the staccato rhythmic passage.

Keep posting!

Scott

vladorg

Gold Supporting Member
Great stuff JZ,
I could definitely hear the Tribal Tech influence in the bass player and some solid heavy prog in your soloing.Cool stuff!Welcome to the forum!

Vlad

matte

What's not to like? Love your harmonic vocab, sounds, etc. Please post more clips.

Trending Topics