Future purchase of a 65Amps Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by TonnyG, Aug 11, 2008.

1. TonnyG

TonnyG Member

I'm thinking of getting a 65 Amps for Christmas for myself this year. I live in Arizona and there is no 65Amps Reseller here so I would need to mail order it from one of their dealers. Is there any preferred Dealer? Does anyone give any discounts? Last question I want one of their 4x12 cabs but I got speakers, do they sell them empty?

Tonny

2. realityczech

realityczech Senior Member

Talk to them
    http://www.65amps.com/

From what I've heard they are great amps made by musicians who are great people to deal with.

3. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

I would talk to Fat Sound guitars, great dealer and they can really help with all your questions.

1-888-Fat-Soun

Not affiliated, but I've bought TONS of gear from them.

FWIW, I have a Royal Albert that is great.

4. michael.e

michael.e Supporting Member

You ABSOLUTELY must look in to the Monterey HP!!!!!!

Really!

I am still considering getting one after demoing it at volume. I just got a killer '72 JMP [from GAT above :dude] and I am going to need to do a side by side test to see if the 65 is different enough to justify the purchase.

I have played a few 65's and this model is without a doubt, the finest traditional tone that I have ever heard in a recent production amp. It gains up quite nicely for hard rock applications and the cleans are absolutely beautiful. Low volumes are quite the schizznit too!
    Gelb Music in Redwood City, CA [bay area] has one and a 2-12 [highly recommended] cab in stock.

Emee

5. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

Talk to our own turtleheadblues (maybe turtleheadband here) as he is a 65Amps dealer and will most definately hook you up! :)

6. Rock72

Rock72 Member

I can vouch for that. Sam at 65 Amps has been extremely helpful in all my inquiries and questions. In fact, among the best customer service I've experienced.

7. 65sam

65sam Member

Thanks for all your kind words. If you guys ever have any questions, please feel free to call or email. Also, if you're ever in Los Angeles, give us a call and swing by the shop.

Sam
    65amps

8. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Sam! The Royal Albert is STELLAR! I am blown away at the tone of the amp. :BEER

9. Rock72

Rock72 Member

Just stating facts based on my experiences. BTW, I still need to call you, but it will have to wait a good week.

Christian

10. 65sam

65sam Member

Anytime just give me a ring

11. TonnyG

TonnyG Member

Sam is just 110% Stellar. We have discussed my future purchase by PM and
    with all his help there is no way I would buy any other amp any time soon.
    I'll be buying a SOHO Head and a 4x12 Cab sometime before Christmas. Need to get a couple of financial obligations out of the way before I order the amp.
    Thanks Sam, and everyone else that shared their experience with 65Amps.

Tonny