Fuzz affected by Big Sky while effect and buffer off?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by SharpestTool, Jan 13, 2018.

1. SharpestTool

SharpestTool Member

I have a new Fulltone 69 mk2 fuzz which I really like. It seems that when I use it with the Strymon Big Sky it changes the tone to sound not as as thick/smooth and it’s a bit harsher.
    The buffer is set to off on the Big Sky and it happens when I have no patches turned on. I still need to do some more tests by totally isolating both pedals. At the moment I’m going through my boss es-5 (which has the input buffer turned off). The Big Sky is after the output of the es-5, when I go from the output of the es-5 (without the bigsky) straight to the amp the fuzz sounds fine.

Anyone else had the same problem?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  2. Meriphew

Meriphew Member

Is the fuzz in front of the BigSky?

3. xcc

xcc Member

No issues with fuzz (Muff, Dirt Transmitter, Contraband) before big sky for me. I’ve never dared reversed the order for fear of opening a dimensional wormhole.

SharpestTool likes this.
  4. SharpestTool

SharpestTool Member

Yes, fuzz is in front. I will test again later today and try to give a more detailed description.

5. PFDarkside

PFDarkside Member

Interesting. Is the ES5 output buffer on/off and/or changing by patch? Fuzz Face pedals are obviously sensitive to input impedance but output impedance as well. The Big Sky on trails mode off is true bypass, right?