Fuzz and overdrive, dual pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by ummohyeah, May 15, 2015.

1. ummohyeah

ummohyeah Member

Trying to reconstruct parts of my pedal set up... Really hoping I can find a fuzz and overdrive in one pedal to save real estate/power supply space.

It should be easy to find one of these, right? Unfortunately, I just looked through 45 pages of Reverb listings and 10 pages of The Gear Page search results and haven't really found anything too promising.

I've seen a few oddball ones (Wounded Paw, Main Ace FX), but nothing really matching what I feel like should be readily available based on the popularity of these two effects. I have seen a lot of Fuzz + Boost, but very few Fuzz and Overdrive in one unit but with the ability to use independently of one another. Tubescreamer type ODs are my favorite..

So, before TGP goes down, can anyone throw me some suggestions to look at over this weekend as I try and put together a new set up?

yoyo1983 likes this.
  2. ROKY

ROKY Member

3. rck

rck Supporting Member

Empress Multidrive

4. sahhas

sahhas Member

i have a blackout effectors fix'd fuzz, the 1st version-it has both in them.
    a handy pedal for sure.

5. AndreasG

AndreasG Member

Colorsound Overdriver and it's variants/copies

6. DaveKS

DaveKS Member

VFE can build a dual with whatever choices you want, Fiery Red Horse and a Pale Horse for instance.

7. jordane93

jordane93 Member

This.

8. Aquinas

Aquinas Supporting Member

If you want a "muff", the FoxRox Zim with a T9 or B9 along with a BM would do it - I know it isn't the "newest, sexiest" pedal out there, but it is still excellent...

yoyo1983 likes this.
  9. Bieling3

Bieling3 Member

Made By Mike Dream Box is one I've always coveted, although the MXR Distortion II side is not strictly an overdrive...

10. amorica

amorica Member

11. ROKY

ROKY Member

The Black Cat , as I liked the voicing of the overdrive side and it also cleans up pretty well .

amorica likes this.
  12. amorica

amorica Member

Thanks for the response Perfect, Im glad you mentioned "clean up" thats one of my main priorities. How is the OD voiced ? Hopefully with plenty of highs since i use my tone knob on my Tele. Cant stand loosing my highs on clean up as well

13. ROKY

ROKY Member

Check it,,,

14. Jet Bycraft

Jet Bycraft Member

Lovepedal 200lbs of Gold. It only pops up once-in-a-while when Lovepedal has those weekend sales. I purchased one a few months back, and I am very happy with this pedal.

http://www.lovepedal.com/pedals/

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    guitarobert and amorica like this.
  15. amorica

amorica Member

Oh damn, YOUR THE MAN ! My rig as well Tele/Princeton R.
    Thank you Sir !!

ROKY likes this.
  16. BluesBUSTER

BluesBUSTER Supporting Member

I love the Hermida Dover Drive and the Lovepedal BBB18 or Dragon. The Dover starts as an OD and ends as a heavier fuzzy drive. The BBB/Dragon is a blend between a Rangemaster and a FuzzFace, the fuzz doesn't get over-the-top and it stacks great with others. This one was a surprise, I didn't expect it to work so well. The RAT is also an OD/Fuzz hybrid but it has it's own personality and you may be looking for something else.

17. Jess 1971

Jess 1971 Supporting Member

Chase Bliss Brothers can be fuzz, overdrive, or distortion, as well as any combination of the above. It's an incredibly versatile pedal, and it doesn't take up a whole lot of space either.

18. ChampReverb

ChampReverb Silver Supporting Member

M

The Astro Tone side of the Cannon can be dialed down into overdrive territory (Tommy Bolin) and the Tycobrahe side can do a pretty nice Band Of Gypsies sound (octave off) with the Gain rolled down.

The Hungry Robot Hg+Lg can be set (via internal dipswitches) so that the Hg side is a very fuzzy overdrive sound with kind of an 8-Bit texture thing going on.
    Demos at:
    http://www.hungryrobotpedals.com/hr-hglg

The DMB Whiskey Bender is (was) basically a fuzzy overdrive with a clean channel that can be blended in via the Clean knob.

-bEn r.