Fuzz Collection

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by FuzzFaceJ, Feb 15, 2012.

1. FuzzFaceJ

FuzzFaceJ Member

post cool pictures, or talk about your favorite fuzz pedals

this thread is not for debate of which is "better"

[​IMG]

been really digging on this MKIII, I also have a brand new FoxRox CC Hybrid fuzz, awesome germanium fuzz, with great amounts gain, #17 made, however they are quite new, so I'm holding on to this, could be of some value down the line, plus it just sounds damn cool

2. Farbulous

Farbulous Member

Fuzz is always fun because of the difference and variety you can get in terms of transistors. Lots of tweaks to be made and lovely zippery sounds to be had. I hear a lot of good things about the MKIII, enough to make me tempted to add it to my wish list but it seems a little overpriced to me, and there are other, cheaper options I'd love to try, like:

Basic Audio Scarab Deluxe
    Penfar FX Fat Foot (really want to grab this one!)
    Black Arts LSTR
    Wren & Cuff Tall Font
    Skreddy P19
    Maestro MFZ-1

3. joe_k

joe_k Member

tonebenders and big muffs do it for me. solasound mk2 style for the raunchyness and the big muff for all out balls.

4. teleclem

teleclem Member

This is what I currently use:

[​IMG]

I've had a lot of fuzzes (Skreddy's, analogman, etc) and this is at the top for me (tied with the Lunar Module).

I do want to try the following though:

Mini-Bone V2
    Astrotone
    Scarab Deluxe
    Zero

5. terrapin

terrapin Member

Excuse my ignorance, but what is this pedal? I really like fuzz pedals with a bit more voicing/tone possibilities than just sustain and volume. What are the pots?

Looks really cool too!

I am using a Pigmine and an AstroTone right now and really enjoying both. I have an Acid Fuzz MK1.5 arriving tomorrow that I am excited about!

6. Hulakatt

Hulakatt Supporting Member

Lotsa fun with these 2 right now. The fOXX just makes me laugh every time I use it. It's just a fantastic, gnarly and flexible fuzz while the grey fuzz face was a random score from eBay. It's a ggg version of the Fulltone 70's fuzz into a repainted and relic'd dunlop RI case. It sounds wonderfully smooth and is a great balance to the funky fOXX.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Brian Johnston

Brian Johnston Member

High hopes for the SRV-45 (Analog Alien)

Currently using...

Fuzz Probe (Zvex)
    Kafuzz!!! (DrNo Effects)

Not a true fuzz, but gives some nice sizzle... SuperDrive (SolidGoldFX)

Analog Alien's FuzzBubble-45 is more of a drive pedal, but with an element of nice fuzz.

8. Rick7

Rick7 Member

Here are some of mine. I have gotten a few more since this family photo.

[​IMG]

9. MadFrank

MadFrank Supporting Member

I really want to get my hands on a Mini-Bone again, and probibally the SUF Violet Rams Head. Both planned for this year at some point. ...and a Lunar Module!

Currently, I'm still loving my VPW Zonk and trying out a W&C Box Of War on my board. The BOW is very cool, but perhaps not the right muff for me. I prefer my SUF Red Menace, but I'm thinking a more 'traditional' muff would be the next type to explore, if and when I can get myself off this Tonebender kick! Pigdog Mk.1 on it's way..

[​IMG]

10. atypicals

atypicals Member

Fuzz has to be my favorite effect... Just so many shades to experiment with. Tonebenders are really my thing, especially the Gary Hurst-era MKI. I spent a long time looking for what I consider to be a perfect balance of sustain and visceral rasp, and I found it in the MKI.

Here are a few of my current favorite fuzzes:
    Skinpimp MKI
    Klinger MKI
    Hudson Stroll On (MKII)
    EQD Hoof

And here are a few I've been dying to check out:
    Mahoney Buzz Tone
    Klinger Buzz Fuzz
    Creepy Fingers Fuzzfight and Fuzznugget
    Bigfoot FX Spaghetti Western Fuzz

11. stratguy23

stratguy23 Member

I'll play along:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think that's all of them.

12. 2Stroke

2Stroke Member

Recently got a Z-Vex Fuzz Factory, which is like a fuzz playground with gnarly swings and self-oscillating roundabouts, but my one stop shop for muffy goodness is the Frantone The Sweet, a massive sounding pedal, what some folks call an extreme effect; it's either on or it's off, and you'll definitely know when it's on. Still musical however, just not much wiggle room for half-way tones. Keen on the SUF Ram's Head and his new Pi also...

13. Wes Mantooth

Wes Mantooth Member

Can't really afford to just collect them (wish I could, would be so fun!) but I do have a fair amount of fuzz:

Fuzzhugger Phantom Ring V2- I use it to add octave up to fuzz or for more weird glitchy stuff

Basic Audio Spooky Tooth- Very cool flavor of fuzz, can get really aggressive with some octave up tones.

smallsound/bigsound Year4545- A really unique fuzz with two tunable, unstable oscillators. Very chaotic and noisy, I love it but don't utilize nearly enough as I should.

Dwarfcraft Robot Devil- Glitchy octave-down fuzz. Nuff said.

Dwarfcraft Eau Claire Thunder- My main piece. Huge muff-style fuzz but with more mids than your typical muff. Boost it with my smallsound/bigsound Sparkle Motion (Rangemaster style boost) and it is just my ideal heavy fuzz tone, nothing beats it. Oh and it has an included feedback looper for even more tones!

I've also owned:
    Death by Audio Fuzz War
    Catalinbread Manx Laoghtan
    smallsound/bigsound Team Awesome! Fuzz Machine
    Ox Fuzz Dark

Dug all of them in their own way (especially the TAFM, still want another some day) but they just didn't make it on the board.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  14. corbs

corbs Supporting Member

hahah I love it ! all the killer D*A*M / Cornish etc. and there is the dano cool cat hangin' with the big boys !!

:p

15. your name here

your name here Supporting Member

On my board at the moment (not that they're going anywhere!):

*BJFe Candy Apple Fuzz - Um... It's pretty gnarly and bright. Lots of variation with the nature knob. Octavia sounds, Tonebender-esque sounds, broken sounds. VERY loud... It's an unruly badass.

*PTD Bone Machine - I use it mostly set to the splatty horn sounds, as I can still roll back the volume to get other shades of dirt, all the way down to a nice sparkly clean. It's a pedal that floors me every time I switch it on. So good...

*Skreddy Lunar Module Deluxe - Super versatile and dynamic. Many shades of dirt, using the guitar's volume. There isn't a bad sound in it. So many good tones, that I wouldn't mind having four or so, preset on my board. Lol. I actually used to have two, in fact. One was a Standard. It was a victim of BJFe GAS...

16. erksin

erksin Member

[​IMG]

Top row L to R: Scott's Crispy Cream Treble Booster; '97 smooth box Fulltone '69; custom Fuzzfaceless Mk.1 Tonebender; Montgomery Appliances Mk.II Tonebender; custom MidFi Electronics Demo Tape Fuzz

Bottom row: Haunting Mids v3; Analogman AstroTone Fuzz; Catalinbead Perseus; custom Skreddy Screw Driver; Malekko Fuzz; Catalinbread Merkin

I *really* want a Fuzz Factory. Played a friend's 'spam can' version and it was AMAZING.

17. Yr Blues

Yr Blues Member

Germanium Sun Face

18. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Member

I'm not a fuzz "nut", but I like the Big Muff with Tone Wicker, the original Fuzz Face, and the EWS Fuzzydrive. The Fuzzydrive is the only one I own, however. It's very versatile and does everything I need.

19. critter74

critter74 Supporting Member

Did Creepy Fingers make a fuzz called Spooky Tooth as well? I know Basic Audio has one, but I didn't know Creepy Fingers had one too.

What fuzz is it modeled after?

20. teleclem

teleclem Member

Hi there,

It's a Gramps+ (details here: http://www.himmelstrutz.com/gramps_plus.htm)

Basically, the controls are:

"Cream—Craziness
    Bottom—Fatness
    Top—Evilness
    Volume—Loudness
    Gain—Guitar pickup type (2-way switch)
    Temperament—Character of the day (3-way switch)"

They really let you tailor it to your rig/song needs.

Also had a Pig Mine. Miss that thing. :)