Fuzz Experts unite!

Orangesoda

So I got me a Fulltone Ultimate Octave and WOW it sounds great when my amp is EQ'd just right. But I think part of it is the pedal itself. It has a very saturated tone that doesn't get too muffled. Kinda like a high-gain/fuzz sound that it has.

So I'm thinking of maybe replacing one of my distortion pedals with another fuzz pedal. I like the saturation this one has. I had an EQD Monarch and what I disliked about it was that it had a dry-no harmonics-unsaturated sound. Sounded like a very thick OD with the drive backed off significantly.

Any recommendations?! I'm no expert of fuzz. If it's a double pedal or a fuzz with something else added that would be a plus. I have one pedal that is dist + OD and the other is dist + boost. Kinda like having extra options.

Last edited:

BobChuck

Silver Supporting Member
Trust TGP...
You buy a Skreddy Hybrid Fuzz Driver and the bumpage will stop :aok.
/Thread.

Stratm69

Well what are you aiming for?

Players such as Hendrix would usually set their octave/fuzz clean, no fuzz, for a straight up octave effect. Then he would kick on a Fuzz Face as the main source of fuzz. Doing it this way would give you total control over the fuzz variables, then you could kick on the octave with it for some screaming leads.

So if you want to set your Ultimate for clean octave tones, no fuzz, and have a separate fuzz pedal for total fuzz control... that could be a possibility.

Orangesoda

Well what are you aiming for?

Players such as Hendrix would usually set their octave/fuzz clean, no fuzz, for a straight up octave effect. Then he would kick on a Fuzz Face as the main source of fuzz. Doing it this way would give you total control over the fuzz variables, then you could kick on the octave with it for some screaming leads.

So if you want to set your Ultimate for clean octave tones, no fuzz, and have a separate fuzz pedal for total fuzz control... that could be a possibility.
More then anything I want that certain sound. Like I was describing. A rich, saturated, unmuffled fuzz/distortion. That's what I like about the Ultimate Octave. But I'm not trying to get a 100% copy of that pedal. I do like that idea that you mention though. I shall try it.

3 pedals that I looked at that caught my attention were the Wampler Leviathan, Death by Audio Apocalypse and the EQD Hoof. So far. Must look at more demos lol

Trending Topics