Fuzz Face + Muff + Bluesbreaker + ?

I've got these three circuits for gain flavors. Both fuzzes are silicon.

What is a 4th circuit that would complement these? Specifically, a different lower gain circuit that is on the brighter and edgier side. Good EQ control of high end a bonus.

Considering the following: Rat, Klon, OCD or Dumble.

stagolee

Gold Supporting Member
How about a treble boost? I currently use the rat variant in the EQD life pedal along with a sun lion and Timmy. The Timmy won out over the PoT and the life pedal does the job my green muff did, but I could happily swap either way. The treble booster in the sun lion is an awesome tool though.

Nacho8807

I agree with the sentiment that you would want a mid-push. A Klon or TS is great alone or stackable with all of your existing dirt.

Just curious, can anybody concisely describe how a Klon circuit is different from a Rat circuit? Are there 1 or 2 key components that make the difference?

LordThurisaz

You have two fuzzes and an OD. If anything, I'd get a distortion that can bridge the gap between OD and fuzz, which would be the OCD or Rat. I have both and I like them. Klon would just be more boost/OD, and I'm not sure which Dumble style pedal you're going for, but it'd more likely be OD.

jlectka

Silver Supporting Member
I agree on the 808 circuit idea. That would be useful with all those.

Hawkmoon269

Just curious, can anybody concisely describe how a Klon circuit is different from a Rat circuit? Are there 1 or 2 key components that make the difference?
Magic diodes.

Also the filter section is different, and I thought that the pedal blends clean tone in with the clipped signal.

You have two fuzzes and an OD. If anything, I'd get a distortion that can bridge the gap between OD and fuzz, which would be the OCD or Rat. I have both and I like them. Klon would just be more boost/OD, and I'm not sure which Dumble style pedal you're going for, but it'd more likely be OD.
Which one can get brighter and edgier - OCD or Rat?

OotMagroot

Fuzz Faces can stack great with RATs. So that is my answer. On the flip side, a BD-2 might good too. The OP could put one of those between the FF and the Muff and boost the Muff and BB.

Trending Topics