Fuzz Factory- I am only scratching the surface!!

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by michael.e, Jul 1, 2006.

1. michael.e

michael.e Silver Supporting Member

I was practicing this morning and decided to futz around with my Fuzz Factory. Excuse please for the silly wankage, these are the kind of runs that I do when I am practicing.

Excerpt from my soundclick page:
    B and E strings have a singing lead tone while the low octave comes out as one travels progressively lower. This is where the Fuzz Factory is so touch sensitive! Hit the lower strings lightly and you get full octave. Hit harder and the fundamental note is more apparent. The guitar volume knob is very interactive with this touch/string interplay. After all of these years of this pedal being on my board, it stil never ceases to amaze me. What kills me is that I pretty much use it in a traditional context. There is so much uncharted territory with this pedal! One of the very best out there IMO. M.E.

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=4135857&q=hi
    If you cannot access the direct song, hit my main page and click on "singing lead"

I cannot figger out how to post a direct link to the song without the page getting funky. Any beta on how to do that properly?

EDIT-Is this recording not brite enough? I have another version that I added some briteness to.

2. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

Very cool, I like that sound... I would like one of those pedals someday, it is already on one of my alternate parallel universe pedalboards...

3. µ¿ z3®ø™

µ¿ z3®ø™ Member

seems well balanced to me when listening to apogee convertors and genelec 8030a w/ 7050a sub.
    i LOVE my fuzz probe.

4. glendrix

glendrix Member

Very nice! Never tried one or had much interest cause seems lots of people say too unpredictable for live use. Probably should check one out.

5. michael.e

michael.e Silver Supporting Member

I have not found my pedal to be unpredictable, I approach it in a different manner than say my Soulbender. I can get consistent approximations. I will put it that way.

M.E.

6. µ¿ z3®ø™

µ¿ z3®ø™ Member

same here in my experience w/ the probe.
    fairly predictable when it comes to replicating settings and exceedingly controllable, once U get used to it.

7. gassyndrome

gassyndrome Member

Sounds almost Eric Johnson-ish at some points. Very nice :AOK