fuzz for chords?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by E Baxter Put, Aug 24, 2008.

1. E Baxter Put

E Baxter Put Member

Yet another fuzz thread. I'm looking for a fuzz that has good note definition for chords and arpeggios. Something fat, like a tonebender.

I already have a Fuzz Probe, Gasbender MKII, Skreddy Ernie, Dice Works Finale, Lovepedal White Dragon, and a JH-F1.

The White Dragon seems the best at defining individual notes, but when I set it for a fat, deep fuzz it gets a little muddy. It's really hard to get that big, fat, chewy sound and still hear the notes.

Any recommendations?

2. socal63

socal63 Member

well, as far as tonebenders go, im liking my MJM Brit Bender loads.

3. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

4. thesjkexperienc

thesjkexperienc ^^^ I made this guitar^^^

BYOC tonebender set to minimum gain. It is probably going to knock my Pro Analog MKIII off the board.

5. progholio

progholio Supporting Member

It depends on the chords. If you like slammin' chords in the stoner vein the new MXR Classic Fuzz is a good way to go. It has plenty of 60's vibe and good low end sludge while retaining note definition. It stacks up great with an overdriven Marshall type amp.

6. nibus

nibus Supporting Member

The Skreddy Screwdrive might get you there. Fuzz / overdrive hybrid that workes pretty well with chords.

7. iggs

iggs Member

Not a Tonebender per-se but a Fuzz Face based pedal, the Phoenix Electronics Supernova is amazing ... tons of tweakability from all out angry fuzz to controlled and defined crunch. Great, great pedal ... grossly underrated.