• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Fuzz into OD, or OD into Fuzz?

Memphistokid

I like fuzz into my Wampler Tweed 57 overdrive. Because the of the active eq of the tweed, I'm able to cut thru the band mix much easier. For clubs it's awesome! For outside gigs it's essential to my rig.

On a Budget

I love a tube screamer into a silicon fuzz face, but i also love that fuzz face into my barber direct drive.

Stig Ø

My guilty pleasure is a fuzz face into tube screamer into AC/DC-ish amp. It's not much for nuance, but man does it rock! And feed back... Incessantly!

jusdepoissons

Depends on the fuzz. Running an od into a big muff or superfuzz is fun, but i've never had luck running an od into a more input impedance sensitive fuzz. I like running my fender blender into a rat with the gain low to tame it and add a li'l sustain.

StompBoxBlues

I love guitar interaction with fuzz, using volume knob actively and all that so placing the OD before fuzz is not for me. Also OD after can be used for boost, tone, or extra OD on top of the fuzz.

kursatcoruhlu

I do Tsuchi Fuzz into OD11.
OD11 makes it more open, "airier".
Tried the vice versa, didn't work. That was way too fizzy.

Black_Label

I always put fuzz first, so that it can see the signal directly from the guitar. For the most part, I like it to be the only thing on when I'm using fuzz. I think it's got a better tone and works better with the guitar's controls. The exception is putting a ge fuzz face into a clean Klone, which sounds great.

Jules-RM

Just off the top of my head this is what I've done.

Fuzz Face - Fuzzrite > OD > Octave Fuzz > Colorsound Overdriver > Muff

ryandfl

Here's what I'm doing now, which is sounding good.

Sunface ti/UK -> Archer klone -> Astrotone.

The Astrotone is kind of half fuzz half OD. The Archer is pretty clean, but ads something.

Anyways...Sunface has to come first.

schwa

The real answer is "it depends" - There are some many pedals out there that there are certainly combos that prefer on order or the other.

If I were to generalize, I would say "Fuzz into OD" since many fuzz (mostly Ge) pedals insist on being first and the OD is adding some juice to the amp tone.

cvansickle

Gold Supporting Member
So far it's about 2-1 Fuzz into OD. Let's bump it for today and see if we can attract more attention.

mikeyfam

I always like to think of it like this...Do I want to OD the Fuzz or Fuzz the OD? Just try both...it's all about your feel/sound man.

Lullabies

I like fuzz into OD... I forget the exact reasons why I liked this way more than OD into fuzz but been working for me for about a year. I always have my Malekko Sloika on though set very low gain and output cranked up. Always had twangy bland cleans and the Sloika definitely gives every thing more character including the fuzz before it

Top Bottom