1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

FUZZ! MXR Classic 108 or Hartman?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by fulldrive2, May 17, 2011.

1. fulldrive2

fulldrive2 Member

Pretty much the same price (for Hartman Silicon) I like that the MXR has the buffer switch as I'd be using my wah quite a bit with it, but I like that the Hartman has Bias control.... Break the tie and help me decide!

2. MBreinin

MBreinin Supporting Member

I have the MXR and I had the Hartman in Germanium. Both sound great. To be quite honest, IMHO the bias control is not that important, especially with a silicon FF...unless you are really, really into the spitty sounds. I have another silicon FF with a bias control and I prefer it wide open. The Hartman is of really nice construction quality, but I have to tell you that the MXR sounds great, and is cheap. The buffer switch is really nice for more than Wahs, it is also a cool thing to brighten up a pedal stack when it gets a little muddy, or to add sparkle for those "clean fuzz" tones.

Mike

3. jboyjams

jboyjams Member

Sorry Man - Hendrix ! my favorite silicon. I preferred it over the Hartman silicon, it was warmer.

Never tried the MXR... maybe that would work better with wahs (as mentioned above) - probably worth a shot - MXR!...

Last edited: May 17, 2011