Fuzz pedal and AC30

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by RocksOff, Dec 16, 2009.

1. RocksOff

RocksOff Member

So folks... recommendations for a fuzz pedal? I'll be running into an AC30 with Blues. I would really like to be able to use it for rhythm work as well as lead, if i should so choose. I like the Maestro sound, but I would also like something that can get nasty and do the 'amp blowing up' sputter thing. Jet gets some great fuzztones on their albums, and something along those lines would be awesome. By the way, I'm not including this clip as a fuzz example... just thought I'd share a song of Jet's new album.

http://www.youtube.com/v/-6Q_o4yGoK4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-6Q_o4yGoK4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
    " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  2. re-animator

re-animator Senior Member

i didn't really hear a fuzz on that track. sounded like it could just be an amp being boosted by an overdrive or boost.

3. RocksOff

RocksOff Member

Yeah... like i said. Not a fuzz example. You'd have to dig through their stuff... I'll youtube around. Ay suggestions otherwise?

4. bulbasaur_85

bulbasaur_85 Member

I run a Cusack Screamer Fuzz through a 90's Korg reissue AC30/6. Sounds great to my ears. You can still hear every note being played which I like.

5. TYY

TYY Member

My TBX likes the MJM ge london. Lots of tones available with that combination.

6. jellyroll

jellyroll Member

I use an Analogman Peppermint fuzz and find it quite versatile for the applications you mentioned. Oh yeah, I use a Tele into a Vox AC30cc2.