• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

fuzz pedal for fender bandmaster

takis

i want to buy one fuzz pedal for vintage tone(hendrix,etc..),and i will put it to my fender bandmaster.
can you suggest me one fuzz that will sound good through fender type amps general?
i ll play it with my les paul but mostly with my suhr classic(2v60lp-1dsv )

JLee

Gold Supporting Member
Addrock Geranium Fuzz. Fuzz Face style pedal with a few tweaks. Works equally well with a Marshall or a Fender amp.

Johnnytone

Silver Supporting Member
I have a 65 Bandmaster and I just picked up an older Russian Big Muff for $25. It is a sick fuzz with that amp and a LP.

Phil M

Shapeshifting Member
Silver Supporting Member
I had a AM sunface up until the other day and ran it through my '65 Bandmaster occasionally. Sounded best if the amp was on 7 or higher for natural breakup. The BEST fuzz I ever plugged into.

takis

thanks for your answers guys :)
Analog Man NOS NKT-275 Sun Face with Sun Dial knob,from every clip i have heard this is my favorite.

addrock is true bypass?

..off topic...john you are a magician...
you re guitars are unbelievable.i don t know what else to say.thanks:)

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
Classic fuzz that cleans up rolling off the volume-AM NOS is hands down the best (or buy a cheap Fuzzface and replace the transistors with the NOS).

The Big Muff is more compressed than many fuzzes, cool sound but not what I think of as a "fuzz" more distortion.

The Fender Blender is very cool into a cranked amp-fuzz and octave and all kinds of wierdness. Now that it's been reissued, it's kind of affordable...

CitizenCain

I saw somewhere else that Foxx is back with the Tone Machine. That's about as classic a fuzz as you could ask for.

stekks

I 2nd the Fulltone Soulbender suggestion. Great vintage style fuzz, a good tone control to match a BF Fender (and dail in a cutting tone in a band situation), enough gain on tap to be very versatile.

Top Bottom