Fuzz Pedal for single note leads . . .

stbhorn

I use a Fulltone Fulldrive 2, sometimes this pedal is just not enough "hair" for single note leads. Was thinking a fuzz pedal may work better for this . . . any suggestions? I use a strat or a SG with a Fender Deluxe reissue.

Jet Age Eric

Too many ... (I've got four on my board right now for just this purpose, and a few more waiting in the wings, and others I'd love to own but can't rationalize.)
Since you don't really know what you want, I'd suggest the Blackout Effectors Musket (if I had to pick one fuzz it'd probably be this one): it's super tweakable, so it's not like, say a MKII or Fuzz Face where you might not like the pedal's inherent characteristics but you're "stuck" with 'em. It has bass cut and active treble and mids control, and a Pre control that affects the texture of the fuzz. BLackout Effectors Blunderbuss is a Musket with Germaium diodes, so it's a little woolier and sounds a little more "old school." Both sound fantastic. -E

Empros

Really depends on what kind of sound you want.
My first vote would be for the Analogman Sunface BC183 - best single note lead pedal I've tried.

However, another option if you just want more "hair" - Fulltone OCD is perfect for stacking into the FD2. They get along great.

Gary Ladd

Tonebender OC75, with bias -- Can't beat Jimmy Behan for the price, although there are some other great pedal makers too (just more $$$) :aok

YMMV

GL

tubekingsley

Tonebender OC75, with bias -- Can't beat Jimmy Behan for the price, although there are some other great pedal makers too (just more $$$) :aok

YMMV

GL
I have a Jimmy Behan Dizzy Tone that is wonderful for single note jams. Clarity and sustain for days, but pretty heavily gated- he builds them with less gate upon request. I have the SFT transistor version, exceptional pedal.

slave

I like Muffs & Fuzzface's for this purpose. The MI Audio Neo Fuzz is my fave

One thing to think about;
If we're talking single note leads, an analog octave will also work. Something like a Red Witch Zeus, Octron etc. could work pretty well.

Axis29

Silver Supporting Member
I love Fuzz... Mane as stated,mothers really are just too many! LOL

But, I will say that I used a Keely Fuzz Head with my DRRI, my Vibroverb, my Vibrolux, both of my Bassman, my 5e3, a Blues DeVille... Probably one or two others as well. It's killed on all of them. Sounds good with single coils and humbuckers.

My new Band Of Gypsys Fuzz Face Mini kicks pretty hard too. But, doesn't clean up as well.

I seem to like these hybrid circuits with a little germanium flavor and a little silicon....

nkt275

Pretty much all decent fuzzes would work! And God knows there are quite a few out there

RC2

Gold Supporting Member
The fuzz I keep coming back to for leads with my Fender amps is the Skreddy Lunar Module.

hhylkema

Skreddy P19 is my fuzz of choice for lead and has been for a while now. The truth of the matter is a lot of different fuzzes would work well I'm sure.

Trending Topics