Fuzz pedal for slightly breaking up SLO Crunch channel?

jdel77

Been on a bit of a quest with my SLO.
No drive pedal I've tried captures what the Crunch channel does - I'll roll my guitar volume back to get cleans. Heavy channel is nuts. Untouchable.
What's a good, fun fuzz to run into the Crunch channel?
(I only run the gain on the Crunch channel quite low, no more than ACDC levels).
No real stipulations on fuzz, but I'd prefer something not too saturated or smooth. I like textured, ripping, velcro type fuzz, not really the full on doom laden type stuff.
Fire away...

Last edited:

jdel77

FUZZ won't do AC/DC justice. Angus is all volume and low-gain.

Just to clarify, I set the Crunch channel to ACDC levels of gain, no more, often less.
I'm interested in fuzz pedals that work with the Crunch channel at moderate gain levels to provide interesting fuzz tones that are not too smooth or compressed.
I'm not after a fuzz pedal that sounds like ACDC, because as you say, it can't happen.
Sorry for being unclear.

analogsystem

Silver Supporting Member
Fuzz into those levels of gain can be tricky. I'd look into octave fuzzes like a foxx tone machine clone or maybe an Octavia clone.

LPMojoGL

Music Room Superstar
Silver Supporting Member
Answered on another forum, but will add it here, too.
Colorsound Tone Bender into a lightly crunchy SLO is a blast.
Well, the pedal is a blast into anything on the edge of breakup.
Lumpy's Mk1.5 or MkII also recommended.

WhoJamFan

Silver Supporting Member
Amptweaker Tight Fuzz-regular ir Pro model-excells at the lower fuzz, edge of breakup tones. Switch for germanium or silicon trannys that auto adjusts the bias to be optimum in any setting, great eq options, built in adjustable noise gate, built in adjustable loops, true bypass, all analog, built like a tank, batteries(with off switch on top) or power supply, works anywhere in your chain or with a wireless.
That's just the short list of it's features-especially on Pro model.

62Tele

Silver Supporting Member
Hybrid Fuzz Driver - outstanding lower gain tones, minimal compression, and very volume pot sensitive.

tubekingsley

Dunlop Band of Gypsy's might be to your liking- it requires a crunchy platform. What guitar/pickups do you use ?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom