Fuzz question

Discussion in 'Bass Area; The Bottom Line' started by Texas_Blues, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Texas_Blues

Texas_Blues Member

I have a Monsterpiece fuzz pedal for gutiar, would it be ok to use this pedal with a bass guitar?

Thanks

2. Texas_Blues

Texas_Blues Member

3. benabloom

benabloom Member

Yes you can use it, but most Bass players find a Blend knob (blending dry and effected signal) work best with bass so that some of your dry signal can be preserved.

Try it though ..you mught like it. Wont hurt anything , unless you are going to play through a guitar amp :)

B

4. testing1two

testing1two Gold Supporting Member

Many guitar fuzz pedals aren't designed to let lower bass frequencies through so they can be a bit thin for bass...but you never know until you try.

5. Thor

Thor Member

It won't hurt anything to try, but I personally have found that I prefer fuzzes that are voiced specifically for bass.

As for the blend (a real must, as the bass can get a bit anemic when the entire signal is only fuzz), you can get around that by picking up the blender from Xotic. It's great as you can really tweek your signal with all sorts of effects while still pumping some solid bass - makes our job of holding down the bottom much easier!!

Cheers,

Edward