Fuzz recommendation?

P90s

Looking for a fuzz fx that's very focused and tight. Like an angry bee. Most of the fx I've heard tend to spread the harmonics across a wide range, and the guitar can have a hard time cutting through the band because other instruments are overlapping different harmonic zones. Anyone have a suggestion for a fuzz that's intense and narrowly focused to cut through the band volume?

nerdbot

Jordan Bosstone or BATW Black Forest. The Black Forest is a modified Colorsound Overdriver with enough eq options that you can set it to be very tight and cutting. I've used a HBE Lorba, which is a Bosstone circuit, and it has some of the most defined palm muting I've heard in any fuzz pedal. Also, it cuts bass and has a focus in the upper mids.

cbm

Gold Supporting Member
Basic Audio Zippy
Carl Martin The Fuzz
Malekko B:Assmaster

Jules-RM

Another for the Black Forest, it cuts through the mix like nothing. It doesn't seem to have a lot of mids, so I don't know where that is coming from. On it's own it sounds fizzy, but in a full band you don't notice anything but how well it cuts.

Martanthegreat

Silver Supporting Member
Arc effects Big Green. Take on the tall font Russian but with a three way toggle for mids...kicked off a Colossus and a Scarab Delux

snow and steel

Silver Supporting Member
For something on the cheap the EHX Satisfaction Fuzz is definitely SUPER angry sounding.

It also VERY easy to mod down the road. I didn't care for it at first but after modding it I actually prefer it to many others and sold off my other fuzz.

Trending Topics