Fuzz-sustain-OD

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by fishlog, Jul 21, 2008.

1. fishlog

fishlog Member

I'm looking for something that will give me a fuller, longer sustain with out losing any grit or making my Strat Sound like a les Paul.

Do I just want a Fuzz?

I certainly don't want an all out fuzz. Maybe something in between a Fuzz and OD effect. I currently use a Diamond J-Drive for Clean Boost and OD currently, through a DRRI coming from a Strat with vintage styled low output PUP's.

2. m@2

m@2 Member

if i understand your description, the fulltone '69 might work, but there are tons of awesome fuzzes out there, and they are kinda picky depending on guitar and amp combos. Hopefully you can try a few with your rig : )

3. pbone

pbone Member

Goodrich makes a pedal called the Steel Driver III that adds sustain and fuzz. I wouldn't recommend a Big Muff or anything like that.

[​IMG]

4. StratDB

StratDB Member

I went through a ton of fuzzes with my DRRI - Fulltone, BYOC, HBE, Lovepedal and the list goes on. The one I found worked the best and sounded great was the FoxRox Hot Silicon Fuzz. Definitely a keeper. BYOC Large Beaver was a close 2nd (still have it).

5. aberrant

aberrant Member

Where's the switch for that Goodrich?

6. pbone

pbone Member