Fuzz that works with CAE wah....?

SMT

Luv, luv my CAE wah, but my FF absoluetly hates it...so instead of buyin a new wah, I thought I'd looking into a FF type fuzz that will work with my wah.

Anyone with a CAE wah have a FF type that works well with it ?
I am considering the Skreddy Lunar Module mini....

geek-mo

Silver Supporting Member
You're swimming upstream trying to get a good fuzz to work AFTER your wah. I run my Sunbender before my CAE wah and there's a raspiness to the sound that I am starting to really like. The end result is fuzz + wah, which is what I wanted.

Of course, I am somewhat committed to germanium fuzz pedals. You might find a silicon fuzz that does what you need.

(Love, love, love my CAE too, BTW!)

SMT

Arghh, I got the newer silicon FF mini and it sounds spectacular, just not with my wah.

Anyone use the LMM with the CAE? Its supposed to play kindly no matter where it is in the chain even with buffers....thats why I'm considering it...

CEFlint

The MXR 108 Classic Fuzz has a buffer switch that helps make it play nice with wahs. It is the guts from a fuzz face in a more pedal friendly box, plus the buffer. I had one once. Wish I had it back sometimes.

JRMagnus

I found my CAE took fuzz played nice with fuzz when boost was off. Specify the order is it fuzz>wah or the other way around?

Black_Label

The problem isn't your Fuzz Face, it's your wah. Have you looked into putting a Foxrox wah retro fit kit into your wah pedal? It's made to change the impedance coming out of your wah to play nicely with Fuzz Face type circuits and allow them to sound good and clean up. Then you get to keep your wah and your FF. It's also only like $30.

SMT

Guys - I have run it both before and after the wah. Before it, really sounds like ****.

The FF (dunlop mini silicon) sounds killer till I kick the wah on...

About the foxrox kit...I hear it is major pain to install in the CAE...

Really just looking for a Fuzz that'll play nice with a wah with no 'fuzz buffer' I guess...

Trending Topics