• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Fuzz: The Sound That Changed The World (YouTube link)

pennylink

There have been snippets of this 2007 film available here and there, but here's a chance to watch it in its entirety (91 mins) if you haven't seen it yet. Lots of interestiing history and interviews with Billy Gibbons and many boutique pedal builders. Recommended viewing :)

doc

Silver Supporting Member
I viewed that after seeing the link in a post on the MyLP forum and just kinda assumed that it was probably old news over here. Very interesting documentary if you haven't seen it.

dman11

Awesome thanx! apparently I need a Jazzmaster to be cool! every one was using a Jazzmanster in the video. also If there is no resale value a pedal isn't worth it? WTF?.... and J. Macis need a new voice he sounds like a lifelong smoker.

Last edited:

ChaseTMP

Gold Supporting Member
Thought it was pretty cool, although it's focus on "fuzz" wavered quite a bit.

72Telecaster

A really interesting watch. Cool to put names to faces of some of the big "boutique" builders and hear more about how they got into the biz

whackystrings

Re: the guy that sat down throughout the film that demoed several different fuzzes (and one wah) plugged into the Fender.

Is it just me or does anybody else thought that the tone was really flubby and tubby? It sounded like he had his guitar volume on "1".

That's not the sound I think of when it comes to Fenders and I don't think it showcased the fuzzes all that well, IMO.

Re: the guy from Future Music (sunglasses) - Yeah, he goes for the cut-throat opinions to stir up some reaction. I don't agree with his over-simplistic musings of what motivates guitar gearheads but it is interesting to hear such a strong perspective on things.

JasonAz

They need to do a sequel based on modulation effects..... then The Edge can complete the trilogy with his own 2 hour special on delay

Ben C.

FWIW - it's really worth it to get the DVD so you can watch and hear it, not just in pixelated 360p. I must have watched it at least a dozen times. Wonderful to see some of the guys here and who make the stuff we love.

Fitzer

Silver Supporting Member
Awesome to see Terry Richardson in there near the end. Very unexpected but awesome.

Trending Topics