Fuzz then OD or OD then Fuzz

JVania

Obviously it's about what sounds best, but is there a rule of thumb for this? Everything I have read says Distortion/Dirt and never mentions OD vs Fuzz. Let me know duders and duderettes.

-John

poolshark

Silver Supporting Member
I run OD -> fuzz. Try it out for yourself, though - might discover something interesting.

Eskimo_Joe

Rocker, roller, way out of controller
I run fuzz then OD. The reason I do it like that is because it seems like the fuzz like to be as close to the beginning of the chain as possible for maximum dynamics.

IAE

all depends what you wana do,either fuzz up the overdrive or overdrive the fuzz.
personally i overdrive fuzz pedals with boosts,other fuzz and distortion.

improv4

fuzz likes non buffered pedal before it if any. Otherwise, first in line. Of course lucky for us, there are no rules. If you use the guitar volume to interact with fuzz, then this is where the placement becomes an issue.
have fun!

StompBoxBlues

Fuzz into OD. For reasons given, it lets me control the fuzz from my guitar volume, which is the best I way to get the sweet spot, the rythm sound, the "American Woman" from the same fuzz...
When OD is first it overwhelms the fuzz in my experience and you mostly ONLY get the AW sound. Also, the OD can even out the fuzz when after, so and if set to low gain, using the tone control gives tonal options for your fuzz sound.

Gotta be the RIGHT fuzz, paired with the RIGHT OD though.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom