Fuzz to compliment my Zvex ff and SCOD

F

fuzzbucket

I am looking for a fuzz to compliment my fuzz factory and catalinbread SCOD. Something that can take chords and that that sounds different what I have now. I also have a modified big muff, that I am kind of getting sick of.

HBob

The Fulltone Soulbender has a more heavey, saturated sound than your FF - not sure about the SCOD. Should be a nice addition.

herbs

I like the keeley fuzz head, works well in most setups, i havnt heard the scod but the fuzz head isnt as fuzzy as a fuzz factory. I think it is between an od and fuzz

michael.e

Silver Supporting Member
Retroman Sibyl........
This is a great compliment to my Fuzz Factory.
M.E.

John Phillips

Try a Frantone Cream Puff. It's more a fuzz-distortion than a true fuzz (it was my replacement for a Big Muff) but it just has the HUGEST tone - the complete opposite of the Fuzz Factory, it has massive bottom end, almost like an octave down, and scooped mids. Run the FF into the Cream Puff.

:)

(but make sure your speakers are up to it first ;))

Yeah, my frantone cream puff gives a massive, full sound. lots of low end. for an insane Jesus and Mary Chain sound, I'll run a Z-vex machine pedal into the Creme Puff.

F

fuzzbucket

I think I will go with either a cream puff or a skreddy ernie. I like the footprint on the ernie better but the cream puff does sound great. Has anyone played both?

jgyn

ZVex Machine.
Into a Fuzz Factory, it makes Major 7th chords sound like a car crash.

ducmike

Gold Supporting Member
+1 on the Huck. I use it for my more sane fuzz tones, and it covers alot of ground, and my FuzzFactory for the crazy stuff.

Trending Topics