Fuzz with bite

oil

Please could you recommend to me a fuzz that has a sharp bite and can sound bright and clean with a rasberry fuzzy overtone. Am I making sense? - A clean sound that breaks up with heavier playing. I have a keeley rat and a 70's Big Muff but cant get there with those.

I would suggest either the Addrock Hism Scism or the Keeley Fuzzhead. The Hism Scism can have a sharp bite or sound round and wooly depending on how you set the input knob. The Fuzzhead sounds like a cross between fuzz and overdrive.

My 2 cents.

fuzzinator

Yup, you want a Tone Bender variant - the Fulltone Soul Bender is a good option. I'm more partial to Tonebender MK II clones than MK IIIs, but either will get you where you want to go.

stratovarius

Silver Supporting Member
I'm not sure what you're after, but the Dice Works Triangle Muff just might get you there.

Jujo

Silver Supporting Member
I find the BJF Candy Apple to be very bright. I was just playing it last night. With the volume below noon is it very bright (but still plenty loud). Also it cleans up really well. I mean to the point where it doesn't even sound like fuzz when I turn down the guitar volume. None of Tonebender variants I've had can do this. Although I much prefer my MKII clone to the CAF.

Dale

Fuzz Head has caps you can switch to voice it as you desire. This in addition to other internal settings. Obviously also the external ones.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom