• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

G.i. Fuzz....... Or fuzz god 2 ??

steelyfan

I'm getting a fuzz pedal soon, and these two seem to have the sound I'm looking for. Most seem to think highly of the Red Witch Fuzz God II, but on the pro guitar shop demo, MAN.. that G.I. Fuzz seem really versatile and really tweakable.
Any users care to share their opionions on these two.
I would be using it for recording, and my set up is:
guitars: Ibanez Artcore hollowbody- Nashville telecaster
pedals:(order always changing)
VOX-TONELAB
DL4
MOOG MURF
EHX POG
BOSS BF-2 FLANGER(OLD PURPLE 80'S OR 90'S MODEL)
FENDER STAGE 112 AMP(hissy, MIDRANGY, LOUD!!)
I'm also looking for a new tube-amp to compliment these pedals.(@5-$600)
Thanks for helping the newguy,
Steelyfan
-

goodhonk

the gi fuzz does the sputtery fuzz better than any other fuzz i've played. i like that it allows you to adjust the tone and the body (midrange). it doesn't clean up that well, it stays pretty fuzzy even with the guitar volume.

StompBoxBlues

the gi fuzz does the sputtery fuzz better than any other fuzz i've played. i like that it allows you to adjust the tone and the body (midrange). it doesn't clean up that well, it stays pretty fuzzy even with the guitar volume.
In my experience the GI cleaned up really well, had it side by side with my Neo (and found out I like the GI better, and it is more versatile) !

Otherwise I agree with everything you wrote. I have never tried the other pedal, but the GI really does it for me, the tone controls are wondeful, as well as bias, and input impedance, voicing switch, wide USEABLE range of the volume and fuzz.

It is one of my favorites and I have many that are highly regarded here, but honestly...if I could only take one with me I think it would be the GI.

hour9

I really like my FGII.
I can get almost any fuzz tone out of it except octave type fuzz. It sputters just fine to me.
I know it's not a Big Muff type fuzz but I think I can get muff type fuzz out of it as well.
It also works well with both single coil and humbuckers. Plus, the wrath oscillations are awesome!!!

If there's anything you'd like to know about it let me know.

steelyfan

Thanks for the words folks.Very helpful information. I'm looking for a fuzz that will clean up with the volume knob on the guitar, by turning it down I'd like to get an overdrive / 70's dirty sound, (Steelydan,classic rock, etc.)without the fuzz always having the same quality of tone, just lower volume. I thought I saw
that the G.I. fuzz you could back off the volume, and it was clean up to sound like that.
Also, the sustain on the FUZZGOD seems wonderful, and the overall sound
was very nice on the demo, but the G.I seems more versatile than just a fuzz pedal.
Maybe I should get both!(too much $)
Keep'em coming, maybe some examples of music that you could relate one or the other to.
Thanks, Steelyfan

StompBoxBlues

Thanks for the words folks.Very helpful information. I'm looking for a fuzz that will clean up with the volume knob on the guitar, by turning it down I'd like to get an overdrive / 70's dirty sound, (Steelydan,classic rock, etc.)without the fuzz always having the same quality of tone, just lower volume. I thought I saw
that the G.I. fuzz you could back off the volume, and it was clean up to sound like that.
Also, the sustain on the FUZZGOD seems wonderful, and the overall sound
was very nice on the demo, but the G.I seems more versatile than just a fuzz pedal.
Maybe I should get both!(too much $)
Keep'em coming, maybe some examples of music that you could relate one or the other to.
Thanks, Steelyfan
Just plan on getting both! It really is the best. If money is an issue, get one, save up and get the other. Either you will end up loving them both, or selling one (I don't know if you can get all your money back, but at least some by selling).

If money was an issue, I'd buy the least expensive of them, play with it (the GI has great sounds out of the box, but with time you learn a lot more about what is possible with it) and save up for the other. Then reevaluate both.

That way, if the least expensive "does it all" (most likely you still will be curious about the other though) you can skip buying another...

For me, the GI is one of the best, most underappreciated, out there. I get the sense that pedalmakers percieved as "middle sized" (i.e. not anywhere as big as Boss, Digitech, Line6, etc., and not seemingly as small as analogman...though honestly, these things are deceptive, in reality I have no idea what income is to MI Audio vs. Analogman or Fulltone) by guitarists...get kind of overlooked. It's a prejudice that seems really prevalent here and on other forums. We romantisize some builders as being small, garage based, others as being conglomerates, and the ones in the middle like Visual Sound, Fulltone (sometimes), MI Audio, etc. seem to get treated as "red headed stepchildren"...

I would get the GI first.

steelyfan

Stompboxblues, thanks for taking time out to share your logic and opionion on the situation, and your experience with the GI FUZZ. I was thinking exactlly the same thing. I'll probablly pull the trigger on the GI this weekend. i'll probablly send PROGUITARSHOP my business since they do a great service with their videos. I'll let you know what I think once I play it with it a while. Hopefully It'll do a good Hendrix,Stones,Steelydan,Frusciante all in one!!(that would be wicked..
thanks, Steelyfan

Trending Topics