G&L Asat Classic neck PU

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by blackflagwaving, Sep 10, 2006.

1. blackflagwaving

blackflagwaving Member

Hello guys,

I'm looking to purchase a used 1990 G&L Asat Classic (pictures below) and I had a few questions. As you can see, the neck pu is white. Is this just a cap or is the whole pu white? I have never seen a white pu option offered on an ASAT classic. I would want to change it to black since I would be changing the pickguard to a black one as well. Another thing is that the saddles are not gold as I've seen on many other ASAT classics. Is that just a different style or maybe an older bridge since it is a 1990 model? Also, the knob for the pu switch is not the original G&L knob but that is an easy fix. I will be calling the seller tomorrow but I just wanted all your opinions. Any suggestions on this guitar would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

- Jason

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mrjoelv

Mrjoelv Member

G&L sells replacement covers for all thier pickups except the ASAT Classic on their website so I'm not sure if you can replace the cover or not, you should call them and ask. If they don't you will have to change the pickup and G&L doesn't like to sell their pickups separately.

3. blackflagwaving

blackflagwaving Member

Would you happen to have a tech support number? They only have the sales office number on their website. thanks

4. wilder

wilder Member

It looks like the cover might have been painted white since you can see black showing through at one end of the pickup.

5. Mrjoelv

Mrjoelv Member

You would need to talk to sales to see if the part is available. I agree with Wilder that the pickup might be painted, I have never seen an ASAT with two different color pickups. You might be able to get the paint off without damaging the pickup.