• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

G&L ASAT - maple neck with gunk on fretboard why???

tildeslash

Silver Supporting Member
Found a great ASAT Classic today.
Amber tinted Maple/Maple neck and a dream neck to boot.

However when I bend - I feel too much resistance - and this is because the frets have laquer on it. I guess I can just sand it off right?

I wanna buy it but not sure if that is all I have to do.

Is it so hard for G&L to take the gunk off the frets before they ship it to the dealer - it is?

Thanks in advance.

eru

My legacy didn't have that. If that one has the gun oil treatment, it's possible they did that after the fret job, which means it will go away as you play it.

Scott Cioe

You could certainly try to polish the frets with 0000 steel wool.

I've had fender's and even a PRS SAS that benefited from this treatment. That could be your problem.

frank4001

On the frets...that shouldn't be...If you getting hung up on the board, as I have, rub a Scotch Brite pad over it...its plastic so you wont get metal filings all over...works great...

Trending Topics