G&L ASAT Special wiring diagram

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by kldonegan, Feb 13, 2008.

1. kldonegan

kldonegan Member

Hey folks,

I've done a search and can't seem to find what I need. I'd like to put my ASAT Special (The one with the 2 big soapbar pickups) back to the normal wiring. I changed the pots out a few years ago, before I understood such things, and wired it up like a normal tele. Left out all capacitors and such...

So... ... ... ...

Anybody have, or might possibly draw me a schematic with cap and resistor values? I've found one on a G&L site, but I can't make out the markings for the volume control cap or the tone control cap and resistor. Come to think of it, if somebody could just tell me those values, I could follow the diagram just fine.

Anybody have a suggestion as to what caps to put in it? Thanks!

2. Rosewood

Rosewood Member

It should have a .1 uf on the tone control with I believe a 6.8k from the tone control to ground to keep it from getting too muddy. The volume pot has a 220p cap across to preserve the highs. Actually that may be a 200p across the volume pot but the difference will be almost zero, 220p is more common.

3. kldonegan

kldonegan Member

Any chance that this would make the guitar a little less bright? Being that I have no capacitors in there right now and all...

4. Rosewood

Rosewood Member

No tone control cap could increase the highs a small amount. No high pass cap on the volume control would mean a loss of highs as you turned the volume down, no effect if the volume is on 10.

5. kldonegan

kldonegan Member