• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

G&L Asats

raja

this question for forum users that have experience with G&L Asat guitars particularly with the Modern 1C neck, which is U shaped,,,,
I want to know how this neck compares with Fenders '52 Tele neck and
if the truss rod adjustment is in the headstock or you have to remove the neck to tweak it.
Those of you that have experience with the same, if you would please tell me you can/might help me with a purchase decision. I feel the need for a BIG NECK!
thanks!

SouthpawGuy

All G&Ls have the truss rod adjustment at the headstock. I can't help you with exact info on the 1c neck, I do have multiple ASATs but all are pre build sheet days so I'm not 100% sure which necks they are.

Have you played a regular # 1 neck ? Coming from a vintage style Fender neck with small vintage frets and 7.25 radius the G&L #1 neck with medium jumbo frets and 12" radius will be a big change.

ldizzle

Silver Supporting Member
Good words here. I've had ...12? G&l guitars. Incredible instruments. Their necks are wonderful and I prefer the #1 and their vintage v whatever that number is. I'd check their neck profile page and go from there- I've also had two avri 52s and they are quite different with a different radius and frets.

teefus

i have 2 g&l's with 1c necks. it is a very comfortable shape and not too big but feels full enough. one of the g&l's i ordered came with a 2b neck and it felt shredder thin to me. i ended up sending it back for another one with the 1c neck. i have a '02 hamer newport pro with the vintage neck carve and it is a little bigger and fuller than the 1c. i also have a '97 hamer standard with the more modern neck carve and it is thinner but a little wider than the g&; 1c if that helps. as mentioned, check the g&l link for the neck carve info. it is very helpful.

Larry Mal

It might seem like it's going to be a big change coming from something like the vintage Fender specs (which are my favorite) to what G&L offers, but G&L's quality and guitar making is so good that it won't be. Jump on in, G&L will take care of you.

ieso

I have had 5 G&Ls and (still have 4) and played hundreds over the years. I don't think I've ever played two that felt like they had the same neck geometry. Kinda odd, really.

raja

I went to the Fender site to get the measurements on the 52 Tele and there is no mention, the G&L site says the measurements, if anybody knows can you please post

Trending Topics