• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

G&L Legacy inbound...

rhinocaster

Gold Supporting Member
Hope it's as good as my Fender Custom Shop as promised!! ;)

Actually, I don't have a Fender CS at this point..... :(

I'm really looking forward to having a G&L again. They do their thing really well and I like the tonal quality of the stock pickups. It should fill the gap between my Clapton Strat and Suhr Antique HSS.

They're also CRAZY affordable used.

The only downside will be that I now have 3 different tone systems in these guitars with the same control layout! YIKES!

JDJ

Silver Supporting Member
Cool! Let us know what you think when it arrives. :)

rhinocaster

Gold Supporting Member
Cool! Let us know what you think when it arrives. :)
I'll definitely be giving it a workout. I've always loved me some G&L and I miss having a Legacy around. I've wanted the fullerton red model forever!

:banana

ldizzle

Silver Supporting Member
I loved my legacy and thought it was better than my cs. But certainly different with hotter pups.

73Fender

Good luck and congrats.

It helped me when I someone recommended starting with the PTB tone controls at 5. They are kinda different than your standard tone controls.

rhinocaster

Gold Supporting Member
Good luck and congrats.

It helped me when I someone recommended starting with the PTB tone controls at 5. They are kinda different than your standard tone controls.
They're a treble cut and a bass cut right?

The only downside will be that I now have 3 different tone systems in these guitars with the same control layout! YIKES!
Yeah, that's true.

Look at the good side. You got a tremendous amount of ground covered with those 3 choices - try as you might you can't play them all the same and that's not always a bad thing.

Enjoy!

rhinocaster

Gold Supporting Member
Yeah, that's true.

Look at the good side. You got a tremendous amount of ground covered with those 3 choices - try as you might you can't play them all the same and that's not always a bad thing.

Enjoy!

Yes! 3 different Strat designs that give me tons of options. Excited! :banana

rhinocaster

Gold Supporting Member
OP - I was looking for your Fender/Suhr/G&L comparison thread. Did it get pulled or am I just being blind?
Nah, ended up feeling like something I was just doing for myself so I pulled it.

It was very interesting and fun....great guitars all and I decided that I preferred the G&L the most of the three based on my wants and needs. It wasn't the "best" of the three in many categories but it's a great package that offers something different than the Fender or Suhr.

The Clapton will still be the main gigging guitar because it's a great tool for that purpose, but the Legacy is terrific. :)

In fact, I sold the Suhr today.

Nah, ended up feeling like something I was just doing for myself so I pulled it.

It was very interesting and fun....great guitars all and I decided that I preferred the G&L the most of the three based on my wants and needs. It wasn't the "best" of the three in many categories but it's a great package that offers something different than the Fender or Suhr.

The Clapton will still be the main gigging guitar because it's a great tool for that purpose, but the Legacy is terrific. :)

In fact, I sold the Suhr today.
Bummer - I was enjoying it (guess I should have chimed in, then!)

I love my G&L too - I'm surprised to hear you say it was the one you preferred as I hadn't got that impression based on what I'd read so far.

I'll be interested to hear if you regret selling the Suhr or if you feel like the other two give you all you need!

rhinocaster

Gold Supporting Member
Bummer - I was enjoying it (guess I should have chimed in, then!)

I love my G&L too - I'm surprised to hear you say it was the one you preferred as I hadn't got that impression based on what I'd read so far.

I'll be interested to hear if you regret selling the Suhr or if you feel like the other two give you all you need!
It would have been a fun reveal....I was just being as objective as possible in each category.

I still don't feel that there's an inherent superiority to the G&L, but I've always felt that G&L is a fine instrument that's equal to anything Fender offers in similar price ranges and better than many of those instruments on a case by case basis. :)

I've owned a number of Suhrs and they're getting awfully close to working for me but I'm still a player that like more of the resistance when playing like some of the old bolt necks. The Legacy really scratches that itch and the sound is wonderful. A bit more body and complexity than the Eric Johnson Strat (one of my favorites ever)....it sounds really great with the band.

If I could only have one of those three it would be the G&L...as it stands, I'll be recording the next CD with it while relying on the Clapton live.

It's easy to make an arguments that the Suhr is the best guitar of the three but it's just not the best guitar for me at this point. :)

HoboMan

Gold Supporting Member
What year is the Legacy?

I've owned several and I like the ones from the early 90 much more than the later ones.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom