G&L owners show us your babies.

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by derek_32999, Jan 10, 2006.

1. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

2. ACfixer

ACfixer Member

Here's mine, another 3-bolt ash ASAT, this one an ASAT III I bought from Crazy4Blues a couple years agao. It is quite possible the finest guitar I have ever played. Not to mention the looks will knock you out (pics are no justice) the figuring on the neck is outstanding.
    [​IMG]

3. Jon C

Jon C Silver Supporting Member

I would but I still can't get a damn photo to embed in the page here no matter how many times I've tried.

Sorry.... they're among the best guitars I've ever played incl. my much more expensive ones.

ASAT Z-3 SH
    ASAT Spec. SH/Bigsby
    S-500
    GbL LE
    SB-2

Jon:cool:

4. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

Jon click post reply then there is a little icon that looks like a postcard with mountain on it. If you place your cursor over this icon it will say insert image. When you click on that it will say insert URL of your image. When you go to photobucket under the pic you want to insert it says Img then a box to the right has the URL. Cut and paste that url into the insert image icon, then just clip out the [​IMG]

5. aquadog

aquadog Member

6. Jon C

7. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

Nope shouldnt matter I have a router, my windows firewall, and zonealarm's firewall and no problems here. Do you have a photobucket account? (Its free) Cause I could probably post them for ya. Or you can email them to me and I will post em.

Aquadog how do them z coils compare to the regular G&L pickups? I have always wanted one of them.

8. Jon C

Yeah, it's very strange, I do have a photobucket account and I think I have it set up correctly. Veddddyyyy strange.

9. dbx

dbx Member

Another variation on the Ash theme:

[​IMG]

'91(?) Leo Fender sig. ASAT III

10. tclardy

tclardy Member

Mahogany, 2004 Asat Super.[​IMG]

e??? likes this.
  11. aquadog

aquadog Member

Derek, It's not really a matter of comparison. They're one of the most unique sounding pickups I've heard and dont really sound quite like any other.
    First of all, they're quite punchy and, for lack of a better term, kind of hi fi sounding. Super detailed sounding, and one the most versitle sounding pickups I've heard (helps to have the PTB system though), and can, to some extent, reproduce the sounds of other classic pickups. They can have lots of bite or be extremely mellow, and always sound really firm (I have yet to hear them mush). But I think they excel at getting they're own unique voice. Kinda hard to describe, and I find them to be somewhat of an acquired taste. I wasn't that happy with them for teh first week or so, but after playing around with them enough and trying to find its own voice instead of others, I really grew to like them. The only complaint that comes to mind at the moment is that they don't clean up as well as say, the antiquities in my hamer, but its justifiable to me for the the cool tones.
    BTW, with the mini selector switch, you can really get some cool tones, and playing around with the bass and treble controls on the comanche is really the key. Check one out if you can.

Almost forgot, added bonus: theyre noiseless.

12. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

SWEET!!! Thanks for the gas... DAMN now I am gonna have to sell some stuff.

13. aquadog

aquadog Member

I think you'll really like them derek. I'd love to pick up another G&L at this point, but I'm really strapped for cash- kinda worried I might have to sell a bunch of stuff.

14. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

I was thinking of getting one of the f-holes with the z pickups. Has anyone here played one of those? I have been on the fence between a yamaha sa 2200 or a G&L semi hollow.

15. pfflam

pfflam Silver Supporting Member

Aaaargh, the torture! . . . the local Pawn shop has a BEAUTIFUL ASAT, nicely worn in, feels like one of the best guitars I have ever played!, for $649.00 . . . Too bad I'm broke, married, harried and bredded -as in offsprunged. . . and I'm still reeling from a far too expensive GAS purchase some four months ago . . .. aaargh!

16. Telecaster

Telecaster Member

17. The Golden Boy

The Golden Boy Member

18. johnmfer

johnmfer Supporting Member

I can't wait to post pics in this thread. I've got an ASAT Classic, alder body, #1 neck w/ rosewood fb, vintage white with BWB pickguard and locking tuners on the way. Ordered it two weeks ago.

19. ArthurS

ArthurS Member

Here's my 1994 Legacy. 3-bolt neck, rosewood fretboard, Fender Hot Noiseless pickups (the ones that come on the Jeff Beck-model; not to be confused with the Vintage Noiseless on the EC-sig)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. jimmyj

jimmyj Member

Too bad that "other" guitar wiggled into the picture.:p [​IMG]