XKnight

Lets see your G&L Signature models;

-Leo Fender
-George Fullerton
-John Jorgenson
-Will Ray
-Jerry Cantrell

And any others that I may be missing.

Here's my George Fullerton Signature model from 1995 which was the first year they were made. These are awesome guitars with a chunky V neck that is to die for if you are into that kind of thing. :aok

DavidMgT

Very nice! Love the wood grain. I have 2 G&Ls, a Bluesboy and a Legacy - no signatures unfortunately. I would really like one of those Fullerton sigs - I am a big fan of their V shaped necks.

XKnight

Very nice! Love the wood grain. I have 2 G&Ls, a Bluesboy and a Legacy - no signatures unfortunately. I would really like one of those Fullerton sigs - I am a big fan of their V shaped necks.
Thanks! The Ash is among the nicest grain I've seen and they really nailed the finish color. The Alnico pups have a great vintage Strat tone as well. These early Fullerton Sigs with the Big V neck are really something special and for the price they're hard to beat. I've often said that G&L guitars in general compare favorably with the Fender Custom Shop and this one is off the charts. I like it so much I almost snagged another one of Ebay with a Rosewood board, but can't confirm from the seller that it has the Big V neck (some were ordered with a C smaller shape neck).

Blue Light

They were making a Mary Kaye replica for a while. It didn't say Mary Kaye, obviously. But there was no question was it resembled.
Pretty sweet git, as I recall.

3leggeddog

I have a Jerry Cantrell signature Rampage, no pics at the moment (I'm at work) but it is a great playing guitar. And its only the Tribute model! The quality and worksmanship are pretty flawless though, its a better guitar than my US made Carvin or Japanese made Strat.

XKnight

I have a Jerry Cantrell signature Rampage, no pics at the moment (I'm at work) but it is a great playing guitar. And its only the Tribute model! The quality and worksmanship are pretty flawless though, its a better guitar than my US made Carvin or Japanese made Strat.
The few G&L Tribute models I've played all seemed to be well built. Post a pic of your Jerry Cantrell when you can.

Presc

Unbelievable grain, beautiful guitar.

Is there anything different about the Fullerton (compared to the Legacy) besides the V-neck, standard tone controls, and the fact that is comes standard with an ash body?

yoyoyoseph

Silver Supporting Member
Here's my Fullerton. Mine has the standard C neck. It is the best, clean strat I've ever played, ever.

I don't have any pictures, but I've got a green '97 George Fullerton V neck that's absolutely awesome! I'm not a big fan of the color but wow does it play great. Best strat I've ever played.

XKnight

Unbelievable grain, beautiful guitar.

Is there anything different about the Fullerton (compared to the Legacy) besides the V-neck, standard tone controls, and the fact that is comes standard with an ash body?
I believe you've hit the main differences other than the two signatures on the body and headstock ;) and the smaller vintage frets. Also, Alder bodies were offered on solid color guitars. The Fullerton is basically a Legacy, but made to more vintage specs except for the 12" neck radius. I read that George Fullerton's original 1954 Stratocaster blueprints where used for the pickups used for the G&L.

I have to agree with my counterparts in this thread and say that my Fullerton Sig is one of the best sounding and playing Strats I've ever owned and interestingly enough it's also one of the cheapest in price.

Blue4Now

Gold Supporting Member
Lets see your G&L Signature models;

-Leo Fender
-George Fullerton
-John Jorgenson
-Will Ray
-Jerry Cantrell

And any others that I may be missing.

Here's my George Fullerton Signature model from 1995 which was the first year they were made. These are awesome guitars with a chunky V neck that is to die for if you are into that kind of thing. :aok

funny, before seeing this old thread, I used the same words to describe the neck (mine has the early big V neck also)

Trending Topics