G-LAB GSC2/GSC3 controller usage on stage

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by tochiro, Jan 23, 2012.

1. tochiro

tochiro Member

Hi,

I plan to buy this controller but have noticed it's impossible to name the presets. Also, I play about 30 original songs on stage and have about 1 to 3 presets per song.

So, is it really convenient to use on stage? I don't want to have to press more than one switch to change preset while playing.

Thank you for your time.

2. Volontaire

Volontaire Member

Well, I just got one, and am very happy with it ! No latency, "all-in-one-switch" box, controlling pedals, midi, and switching channels. No pops at all. Small and cheap !

You have access to 10 presets per bank (or 8, depends on what mode you're in) and 10 banks.

The impossibility to name the presets doesn't really bother me, considering that I get used to where are the sounds. You can stick some paper anyway ... ;)
    And if you need different banks, can't you organize it ?

You know, like : n-1 "main distortion" n-2 "Clean-Mod" ... So it will match with any banks !

3. tochiro

tochiro Member

The thing is that my presets are not organized by type of sounds but by songs. So 30 songs mean about 80 presets...

4. randombastage

randombastage Member

It looks like the GS5 model lets you name the presets...about twice the price though.
    I don't know of any other unit that does what that one does and lets you name the presets.

5. Cirrus

Cirrus Member

It might not be the thing for you then. But it might be worth working out if you really need 80 different sounds. I thought I did for a long time. I was wrong.

6. Volontaire

Volontaire Member

You have 80 different sounds ? Don't you have common sounds between songs ?

7. tochiro

tochiro Member

The thing is that I need my presets to be side by side because I cannot change preset and bank while singing and playing. I need to step on one single foot switch to change the sound. Also, I have a programmable delay with various different types of delays that are in sync with the tempo of the song (Timeline).

8. Volontaire

Volontaire Member

Can't you group songs together in banks ? I mean : bank 0 "Tracks 1, 5 and 9", bank 1 "tracks 2, 6, 11, 13, 79" etc.

It could take a bit of time to organize it, but it can be worth it

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  9. tochiro

tochiro Member

Yes Volontaire, I think that's a good idea. Thank you!

10. Volontaire

Volontaire Member